We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simonton Court webcams...are you kidding me????

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 3
Simonton Court webcams...are you kidding me????

I was just reading in another thread, someone’s concern for the Simonton Courts webcams, in regards to privacy

So I hopped on over to their website and I must say, I was pretty shocked.

At the pool cam, I was able to zoom in on a woman sitting there on her laptop. I zoomed spot on to her keyboard and was able to see everything she was typing.

Do I have an issue when Im captured on Duvall St/public cams? Absolutely not. It’s a public street

Do I have an issue when Im sitting at a private pool , on my laptop, possibly checking my bank balance ?...yah damn right I do. Im really surprised no one has complained to the management of this hotel.

For those who have stayed there, is there a sign at the pool stating that you are being viewed and a ZOOM CAPABLE webcam?

Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 11
41. Re: Simonton Court webcams...are you kidding me????

That is correct. There are multiple webcams in Key West where you can do this. It's the pool/ beachside ones that truly bother me. I have witnessed it myself where the webcam zooms in on one person's certain features... I agree. Totally creepy!

Knoxville
reviews: 7
42. Re: Simonton Court webcams...are you kidding me????

I didn't realize that was even possible. Thanks for the explanations. I, for one, will NOT be staying at Simonton Court anytime soon!!

Deception Island
reviews: 1
43. Re: Simonton Court webcams...are you kidding me????

With all the complaints that have been here on TA and the fact that you can still zoom in like that it makes you wonder if it's some of the management that likes zooming in on the guests at the pool?

Rhode Island
reviews: 1
44. Re: Simonton Court webcams...are you kidding me????

You can add me to the camp that had no idea this was a thing that existed at all but finds it completely creepy. If they make every guest fully aware of this when they book then fine but otherwise it is just...well...really creepy. I can't believe it's even legal.

Just wanted to post because maybe if enough people do someone will get the picture

Orlando, Florida
45. Re: Simonton Court webcams...are you kidding me????

I'm calling BS on this one.

I've stayed there dozens of times AND I've viewed the webcams from my office (longing to be there).

Yes, if you skinny dip or lay out topless, people can watch from Kansas or wherever, BUT you sure as hell couldn't "read what she was typing on her laptop".

C'mon man!

46. Re: Simonton Court webcams...are you kidding me????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 28, 2014