We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
reviews: 8
ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

My husband and I give each other a trip for the winter holidays and this year we'd like to come to Key West. I'm really confused by all the options and reviews. Many places with high overall ratings have a few low ratings that mention noise - is this a common problem?

We're a couple in our early 50s looking for someplace that will feel special but won't break our bank account. Suggestions would be most welcome! We'll be coming in January.

Reisterstown...
reviews: 77
1. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

When my husband and I decided to go to Key West for our 25th Anniversary, I started by searching the vacation rental listings here on Trip Advisor. We were in the same situation. No idea how to choose what.

Use your budget per night as your first parameter. Then check photos and map views to see how close it is to Mallory Square, etc.

We found a lovely cottage on Center St, just off Duval and 6-7 blocks away from Mallory Sq. Perfect for us. Not too far from the thick of things in Old Town, but far enough that we didn't have to worry about drunken noise outside our windows in the wee hours. We rent bicycles and can get all over the area with ease, since the terrain is flat.

Once you've narrowed it down, you can ask about a specific area. Folks here are very helpful!

Mystic, Connecticut
reviews: 16
2. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

Look at Eden House.

Los Angeles
reviews: 45
3. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

Old Town Key West is a tight little town, where everything is close. So yes, noise can be an issue.

Some B&B's are in older buildings with little soundproofing, so a ground-floor room, by the stairs or under a room with noisy guests who like to make a lot of noise... or close to the street where the scooters zoom by at all hours... you get the idea?

Those rooms are generally the cheaper rooms, so it's always best to inquire if there's a price difference in the rooms at the B&B.

I found the quietest place I've stayed was at the Weatherstation Inn, which is inside Truman Annex, at the west end of Eaton, so it's just 2 blocks away from action central. Their upstairs rooms are the best but you'll have to carry your suitcases up a long flight of stairs, but that can be the case at most small places.

Maryland
reviews: 8
4. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

Thanks for the suggestions. Weatherstation is out of our price range, Eden House is booked for the weekend we want. Any other ideas?

West Palm Beach, FL
reviews: 1
5. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

Try Knowles House. Its not near Duval, more near KW Bight but is close to Eaton Bikes for rentals.

If you are going in late January beware that is high season & most places charge prime $ because they can get it. Not sure you will find much for under $225 a night at a B&B.

Cheers!

West Palm Beach, FL
6. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

Try Knowles House. Its not near Duval, more near KW Bight but is close to Eaton Bikes for rentals.

If you are going in late January beware that is high season & most places charge prime $ because they can get it. Not sure you will find much for under $225 a night at a B&B.

Cheers!

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
7. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

I was going to say you should look at the Weatherstation Inn. Since this is out of your price renge try looking at the Angelins Guest House. The rooms are nothing special but adiquite. The pool area is very nice and the pool is heated. It is close to everything (walking distance) it is clean and the owners are very nice.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
8. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

Try Coco Plum Inn Bed and Breakfast: http://www.cocopluminn.com/

Unless you're a very light sleeper, you'll be fine. Be sure to tell them that you want a quite room.

Also, they have a great homemade full breakfast (save monety on going out)and no children (less noise) on property.

Edited: 11:42 pm, September 26, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack...
reviews: 14
9. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

Jerry: the coco plu inn looks very nice! Thanks for the idea!

reviews: 3
10. Re: ISO mid-range hotel or B&B that's comfortable and charming

The closer to Duvall you stay the more likely noise is to be an issue. Marrero's Guest Mansion is where we stay, the balcony of our room looks at the back of Jimmy Buffet's place, and it can get noisey but a good set of earplugs usually does the trick. Most rooms at Marrero's are around $200/night.