We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh,pa
Radisson

Heading to Key West to work for a week at the airport. They are putting us up at the Radisson , is it possible to rent bikes and ride to work (airport) and also to ride into Old Town? Also is there a grocery store near hotel to buy beer and food?

Key West, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: Radisson

piv1,

I stayed at the Radisson on a previous biz trip prior to moving here. All room doors exit to the ourside as opposed to corridors. (It's like a motel in that respect.) The rooms are newly refurbished and have a fridge, microwave and ironing board. There's a nice pool and Tiki bar plus there's a washer and dryer for clothes... Helpful for a long stay. It'll work fine for you. It's located on the north east side of the island and sits on the Gulf. Heading west (left) on Roosevelt out of the parking lot, you'll find a Publix Grocery on the left about 1/8 mile.

The Radisson has a Denny's on the first floor for a quick breakfast or late night snack.

To get to work at the airport, you'll exit the parking lot and turn 'right' onto Roosevelt. Stay in the right hand lane and go around the east tip of the island. You're about 1 mile from work.

Renting bikes - no probs. Getting into old town... About four miles. You're actually almost as far away from Duval as you can be and still be on Key West. Your call... Bike or Taxi.

Hope that helps.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
2. Re: Radisson

I wanted to add that you're between 2 and 3 miles from work, but I only have s small-scale map. If you're getting a per diem and you think you can handle them, rent scooters for the week. Scoot to work and back, then scoot into town. You are maybe five miles from all of the good places to eat and drink, and you can park scooters on the street almost anywhere (remember you have to scoot BACK! at night). You are five miles no matter which way you go.

Pjk