We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scranton/Wilkes-Barr...
reviews: 4
Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

We usually fly right in to Key West. Thought this October when we go we'd change it up, fly to Miami and then drive down. The image we have in mind...a fun ride in a jeep or convertible. Anyone know of car rental places in Miami with jeeps that will give us a one-way rental? We are going to fly home from Key West. We're not making a long drive to catch a flight home after Fantasy Fest!!!

43 replies to this topic
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
1. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

Alamo had jeeps this summer.

Frozen North
reviews: 5
2. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

Sometimes Avis does, but if you have never taken a soft top off a jeep, I would stick to the convertible. It's not what you want to be figuring out on vacation.

Kernersville, NC
reviews: 64
3. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

Not sure about jeeps, but we reserved a convertible (will be a mustang or camaro) from Budget for next month. We are driving down from Miami, and then leaving it in Key West. It was the most expensive part of our trip but I think it will be worth it!

Wilmington...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

If u don't mind me asking.. How much did the one way convertible rental cost?? I need to call sometime this week to reserve one for the end of febuary!

Wilmington...
5. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

If u don't mind me asking.. How much did the one way convertible rental cost?? I need to call sometime this week to reserve one for the end of febuary!

Kernersville, NC
6. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

I don't mind. We rented it from Sunday until Friday Feb 26-March 2 and it was almost $700 and that was with a coupon code I found online.

Wilmington...
7. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

Those are the same dates we are going down! We aret planning on keepin it the week tho... We just wanna be able to drive there, turn the car in that day, and do another one-way rental to go back to miami on friday. Thanks for the info!

Edited: 1:22 pm, January 30, 2012
Maryland
reviews: 4
8. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

We just used Priceline to "name your price" on a convertible from Lauderdale airport 2/9-14, and paid $388 total.

Kernersville, NC
9. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

Dang, I am super jealous! i may try that. We have only "reserved" our car, no money has been exchanged. Are you able to pick up in one place and drop off in another?

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
10. Re: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West

We have rented a Mustang convertible from Hertz in the past.

We have done this as both a one way rental and round trip rental.

Reply to: Jeep or convertible rental for drive, Miami to Key West
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted