We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mallory Square Accomodations

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 2
Mallory Square Accomodations

My husband and I are heading down thru the keys and expect to spend a Fri/Sat in Key West at the end of February. He has been there before and REALLY wants to stay on or very near Mallory Square. Could someone recommend someplace that is in that location. I realize that everything is relatively close by, but as he has endured chemo/radiation for the past 9 months, he has ZERO energy to walk long distances. Due to his immune system these days, the other important thing I'll be looking for in accommodations is someplace that is EXTREMELY clean. Anyone with suggestions? We looked at the Key Lime in as a possibility if the places right on Mallory are out of our price range. Anyone have any experience with Key Lime Inn?

Thanks.

arkansas
reviews: 1
1. Re: Mallory Square Accomodations

The Hilton and the Ocean Key Resort are on either side of Mallory Square...you won't find anyplace closer. I haven't stayed at the Hilton but when we stayed at the Ocean Key, it was very clean and the furnishings were relative new. However, it IS expensive, unless you find a special deal.

I haven't stayed at the Key Lime Inn, but the location is FAR from Mallory Square on Truman Avenue. When my husband still smoked, he wasn't able to walk that far. The Hyatt, Pier House and Galleon are all on Front Street, too, so they'd be a consideration. I think I've seen a recent post from someone who said the Pier House was musty and/or dirty so I think I'd eliminate that from your list of possibilities. We've always found the Hyatt (the Hyatt Resort and Marina on Front Street) to be nice and clean but it's been several years since we were there. We stay regularly at the Galleon and it's always clean, but it's very difficult to book...especially for a couple of days. If I were you, I'd definitely check it out, though. Do NOT get a lock-out unit - which is small and claustrophic -

or a ground-floor unit.

If I were you, I'd also check out the Island City House and Ambrosia (and Ambrosia Too). They both get very good recommendations.

Saint Louis...
2. Re: Mallory Square Accomodations

Ocean Key has some just redone rooms that I 'hear' are great!! I was there in June 04 and the 'old' room was awesome and spotless also. The views cannot be beat. Ships never block the sunset like a few do at the Hilton. The Hilton is the absolute closest to Mallory & OKH is a few feet more. Be sure to bring or rent a wheel chair for him....there is so much you both will want to see anyhow. And undoubtedly you both will enjoy the Conch Train Tour.

Get answers to your questions about Key West