We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooftop Cafe

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
727 posts
15 reviews
Rooftop Cafe

Even though the restaurant is not rated very high here on Tripadvisor, I hane noticed that the comments are pretty recent and very favorable, and talking of new management. Has the place recently gotten better? Would it be a good place for a special occasion? I will be celebrating my anniversary while in Key West next week and was looking for someplace special near our hotel (The Key West Hyatt). Does the Rooftop Cafe fit the bill? Any other suggestions?

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,438 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Rooftop Cafe

We ate there in October. The food was very good, the atmosphere quiet, the place was clean, the staff was very attentive.

That being said, I think there are other places that would make a better special occasion. Although the Rooftop woould not be a bad choice.

Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
2. Re: Rooftop Cafe

We've tried the Rooftop Cafe once since the new management took over and our food wasn't good at all. That was either in October or November so it may've improved since then. In any event, I'd hate to rely on it for a special occasion.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any fabulous restaurants very near the Hyatt, but if you don't mind walking a little farther Michael's is wonderful. A&B Lobster is just a few steps away from the Hyatt and could be a good bet. My husband and I have had some wonderful meals at the Hilton, though that restaurant is never mentioned anywhere! Another choice is Bagatelle, which is on lower Duval, and would actually be closer to the Hyatt than the Rooftop Cafe. If you make reservations at the A&B, get a table outside overlooking the marina, and if you make reservations at Bagatelle, get a table on the second floor overlooking Duval - great people-watching!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
427 posts
3. Re: Rooftop Cafe

What about Louie's Backyard, Shula's, Hot Tin Roof @OKH or even Alonzo's?? Not as close, but you know you love those warm nights walking or riding in rickshaw or something.