We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What clothes to pack?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany NY
reviews: 1
What clothes to pack?

We're going to Key West in mid April. I'm wondering what clothes to pack. Does it get chilly there at night? Should I bring some pants and sweaters in addition to shorts and tank tops? Thanks in advance.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
1. Re: What clothes to pack?

Coming from Albany, you most likely won't need too many warm clothes.

I'm from MN, and I seem to bring too many warm clothes. I'm getting better but . . .

That being said, I would bring a sweat shirt, or plan to buy one down there. I don't think there will be a big need for long pants. If it gets chilly, a sweatshirt and shorts will suffice.

Cold down there is 60 degrees, cold to you and me is 10 below.

arkansas
reviews: 1
2. Re: What clothes to pack?

In April, the average highs are in the low eighties and average lows are low seventies. Regardless of the time of year, I always take a light sweater because the breeze off the water can be cool.

New York
reviews: 62
3. Re: What clothes to pack?

I hear that it was 49 degrees the other night in KW. I don't think you'll have that kind of temperature, but I'd pack some long pants and be ready to buy a sweatshirt. I'll be down in March, and I'll be ready for a cold snap. (That's the best way to prevent it, prepare for it and it will disappoint you).

Get answers to your questions about Key West