We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Body paint and toplessness in public just part of Fantasy...

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southeast Michigan
Body paint and toplessness in public just part of Fantasy...

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the whole phenomena of women running around at night topless with and without body paint is just something that happens during Fantasy Fest, or is it a year-round ummm... "event"?

One way or another, can someone give me the "skinny" on the whole thing? :)

Just trying to figure out what to expect when my wife and I go thiscoming July.

arkansas
reviews: 1
1. Re: Body paint and toplessness in public just part of Fantasy...

We've seen lots of nudity during Fantasy Fest - and even a few days after it's over - but I've never seen any at any other time.

The police are VERY lax during Fantasy Fest.

New York
reviews: 62
2. Re: Body paint and toplessness in public just part of Fantasy...

The crime report in the Key West Citizen newspaper had a story, a couple of years back, about a shocked tourist, thinking the fun and frolic lasted all year, being arrested for indecent exposure.

Southeast Michigan
3. Re: Body paint and toplessness in public just part of Fantasy...

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, I suppose it would be like expecting Bourbon Street to be the same all year round as it is during Marti Gras, wouldn't it... :P

I imagine though that certain "clothing optional" places like the Garden of Eden stay operating in that fashion year round? Are there any websites out there that list/review all of the different "adult" type venues to be found on the island/in the keys in general?

Thanks again!

arkansas
reviews: 1
4. Re: Body paint and toplessness in public just part of Fantasy...

Do a google.com search on "clothing optional places in Key West"

Iowa
reviews: 2
5. Re: Body paint and toplessness in public just part of Fantasy...

Manly5000,

You are right about the Garden of Eden. This is a year-round thing for this bar, located on the roof of the Bull and Whistle. They have a nice garden area up there with lounge chairs where you can sun (nude if you prefer) during the day. The last time we were there, there were men and women with various articles of clothing off.