We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

I am getting a little nervous - I booked a long weekend at the Sanctuary (1330 simonton street) through Bone Island Vacation rentals and there are not that many reviews, but what I have seen - the place is not that responsive in terms of getting issues taken care of (light bulbs out, towels, etc...) Does anyone else have any experience? I am staying at the Osprey studio with my wife April 28-May 2. Any insight is appreciated. thanks.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 1
11. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

We are staying in the Osprey in 2 weeks. Also taking our dog with us. Glad to hear that you recommend the place. The only thing I was concerned about were roaches. Did you see any?

Orlando, Florida
12. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

We just got back from staying at the Egret and were very unhappy. The unit was not the "luxury" accommodations advertised. The front deck was hot and airless as it was too closed in to have any breeze and there was no overhead fan. The room consisted of two beds a small round table and two hard chairs. The only place to sit and watch tv or read a book was on the bed. When we arrived, the unit was quite warm, but before we could call the maintenance man arrived to work on it as they had been aware that the unit was not working properly. after examining it he explained that he would come back the next day to install a new unit. In the meantime, the window was painted shut, so we couldn't open it, and we were left with a unit that could barely cool the room. We also were greatly concerned because there was apparently only one socket on the ac side of the room and everything...fan, tv, lights, etc. was plugged into it. When we plugged in our computer, it blew the circuit and it blew twice more that evening. The maintenance man was aware of that too and just showed us how to flip the circuit breaker. The next day they re-wired the plugs and installed a new AC. However, the unit made so much noise it was difficult to hear the TV and you couldn't really see the TV well unless you laid on the bed. When we complained to the office that we would prefer being moved to a different unit because we were uncomfortable with the wiring and the sealed window, the lady there was not at all interested in putting us in a different unit. She also was reluctant to let us talk to the owner and gave us a phone number for him which turned out to be bogus. Apparently we rented the "cheap" unit and at $894 for 6 days, it was unreasonable for us to expect anything more comfortable. As it turned out we had a family emergency, my mother was admitted to ICU and we had to leave on Thursday. When we went to the office to check out, the same lady refused to refund any money or offer us the remaining two nights at another time despite our situation. I would definitely not recommend this rental company to anyone else.

Edited: 1:40 pm, September 23, 2012
San Diego...
reviews: 36
13. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

Eeek! That doesn't sound good.

We rent thru www.historichideaways.com and find them to be good. The property we stay in is clean, modern, comfortable and convenient to everything.

Middletown, DE
reviews: 7
14. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

We stayed in one of the studio offerings - the Heron I believe - and my wife and I loved our stay. The main office is about 10 blocks away, but the walk was easy and straightforward. (We could have jumped into one of the numerous cabs, but we wanted to stretch our legs.) The neighborhood was busy in a safe and comforting way. The studio apartments are close to the street, so we had a bit of "street noise" in the morning, but it was not anything too bad. We loved the location as it was close to the water and offered access to Duval and other great points, but the location itself was not too loud.

Given the high cost of other places to stay at Key West around Christmas time, we were happy with the price. Overall, the accommodations were very fair given the price point. We loved the daily touch-up by housekeeping, and everything was clean. Some of the appliances were a touch worn, but again we were very pleased with these accommodations given the cost of renting in Key West.

We will definitely rent through this company again (though we were totally nervous beforehand, as their presence on TripAdvisor is so limited.)

15. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 13, 2014