We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

I am getting a little nervous - I booked a long weekend at the Sanctuary (1330 simonton street) through Bone Island Vacation rentals and there are not that many reviews, but what I have seen - the place is not that responsive in terms of getting issues taken care of (light bulbs out, towels, etc...) Does anyone else have any experience? I am staying at the Osprey studio with my wife April 28-May 2. Any insight is appreciated. thanks.

Sacramento...
1. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

Bump - any help appreciated. Thanks.

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
2. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

Hi Rfarrell,

Sorry you haven't had a reply to your post, this is common when asking about an individual room. The web site states they have a daily Happy Hour so some staff could be on site at that time, I would call and voice your concerns to property managment most places we have stayed have a number to call for any problems. Good luck.

PJ

arkansas
reviews: 1
3. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

I've never really understood this property. If you look up 1330 Simonton on Google Maps, you'll find Southern Most Deli. Apparently a few of the rooms are next to the deli facing Simonton and others are toward the center of the property.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 1
4. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

Did you ever hear anything? I am considering renting from them as well.

Austin, Tx
5. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

I stayed at the Egret Studio on 1330 Simonton for a friends wedding - it was a perfect location! Simple room with two beds and kitchen ammenities at a great price. It is what you would expect of a "beach house". Close to the beach, close to the night life - everything in walking distance. I LOVED that we had an outside porch with deck where we could drink cold beers and watch people walk by. I would highly reco the Egret Studio or any of the other rooms located in that area and I was very pleased with Bone Island.

Grand Rapids...
reviews: 9
6. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

so, how did you like it, we are heading there next week taking up 4 of the 6 rooms for the parrothead convention. Let me know. Thanks,

Vass, North Carolina
reviews: 7
7. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

We have stayed at a Bone Island rental in the past. I must say that the owner is very responsive to any issues that come up. We had a problem with a mattress and he corrected it within 6 hours of being notified. The owner is a very nice gentlemen (retired military officer) so I would feel comfortable in renting from them again.

Sacramento...
8. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

Sorry it has been so long - her is my review:

We stayed at the Osprey, and it was Great! loved the tile floors and the decor of the room. It had a nice bay window too. The bed was decent, and the bathroom was good as well - nothing special. We decided on the osprey because it had one bed which opened up a lot more space for the living area. We had a couch and a chair in front of the TV. The sanctuary is really a great place because it is off the street in it's little private jungle it seems. There are tropical trees in the courtyard that are filled with geckos and birds. There are 3 hot tubs (I think) that are shared with the six rooms (nobody used them while I was down there). The sanctuary's courtyard is gated, so my wife felt really safe. we were able to bring our bikes into the courtyard and lock them up on our porch. I think that groundskeepers come every other day to wash off the patio, and do some landscaping work, and you can tell that they do a very good job. I believe there were people staying just a wall over from us, but I never heard a peep out of them. Definately go to the Deli in the morning for coffee and breakfast. We rented our bikes right around the corner too. There was never any trouble parking our rental car on a side street nearby. Overall, it was a great place to stay.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 67
9. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

I just booked one of their studios, Palm Isle, this morning. Glad to finally hear some reviews, so far all my interactions with them have been good.

reviews: 5
10. Re: The Sanctuary - Bone Island Vacation Rentals

I just stayed in the Osprey as well. We had 2 dogs and it was great. My only advice if you take dogs is be aware you will need to walk about 2-3 blocks up South St to find side streets for grassy areas as the Santuary private area is not. The room was pretty warm as there was about an inch gap at the top of the door letting air in - I noticed the Ibis was like that as well. These are minor and for the location and price, I would recommend it!

Edited: 9:13 pm, June 19, 2012