We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightclubs?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, NY
reviews: 2
Nightclubs?

Hi, I was wondering if there were any nightclubs in Key West?

I have been reading and I see that there are plenty of pubs, a few adult clubs, but I havent read of any nightclubs, any one know anything?

Thanks!

falls church va
reviews: 11
1. Re: Nightclubs?

It's been a year since I was there but I remember one called WAX and the other called EPOCH--sp?? I think WAX is just off Duval and EPOCH is right on Duval.

phila
2. Re: Nightclubs?

good ? i am going in june i was wondering that to. this is al i can find: EPoch (623 Dival Street) is Key West's only real dance club. Its three levels have a capacity of about 1,500, making it popular among the Spring Break crowd. Guest DJs keep the crowd spinning.

phila
3. Re: Nightclubs?

this is what i found on Wax

422 Appelrouth Lane

Key West, FL 33040

(305) 296-6667

Cross Street: 50 yds. off Duval Street

The Scene:

This place is nothing but heaven, particularly for those who like their nightlife a little more sophisticated than the usual sandals and T-shirt atmosphere of most Key West spots. Just a few steps off Duval Street, this tiny place with a big-city attitude is a haven from the beer-swilling frat boys that frequent bars such as Rick's. At Wax you'll find deep red walls and banquets, Chinese lanterns on the walls and what may be the island's only real DJ. Get there early and you can score a seat (camp out at the one next to the bar, with a window to Applerouth Lane at your back) and watch the action throughout the evening. It doesn't get crowded until midnight or so, when Key West's hidden hipsters crawl out from their hiding places.

The Crowd:

A mixture of visiting city clickers, hipper than usual Conchs and laid-back dudes.

Huntington, New York
reviews: 1
4. Re: Nightclubs?

Wax is gone. The only clubby type place you'll find is up top of the Rick's/Durty Harry's complex.

NJ
reviews: 5
5. Re: Nightclubs?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Epoch is gone. It is now I think Kwest or Aqua. Either way, both are really fun gay bars that welcome all types. And Wax is now called Blu I think. Have no idea what that is all about.

Huntington, New York
reviews: 1
6. Re: Nightclubs?

I went to Blu and it's nothing like the way Wax used to be. It's just another run of the mill Key West bar, now off the beaten path and was pretty empty .

Rochester, NY
7. Re: Nightclubs?

So Wax and Epoch are gone? Are there any places with DJ's or live music for dancing? If anyone finds anything out let me know!

Summerland Key...
8. Re: Nightclubs?

Rick's has dancing, I believe, and there's live music everywhere. (No guarantee that it will be good.) Doesn't Sloppy Joe's have a dance floor? I confess that I haven't been there for years because I hated the place when I was a tourist. Kwest is men only after a certain hour, I believe. Aqua (also mostly gay) usually has pretty decent dance music.

Saint Louis...
9. Re: Nightclubs?

Sloppy's has a dance floor after 10pm or so and so does Hog's Breath for that matter.

Rochester, NY
10. Re: Nightclubs?

Thanks for your help guys! Hopefully I will find some good live music in the evening.

Thanks!

Crystal