We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Weekend

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 4
Memorial Day Weekend

I am arriving in Key West for five night on May 2th. My plans are to hang out at the pool, party too much, and relax. I'm travelling by myself for this trip as I'm a single dad and my daughter will still be in school. I'll do a father/daugher trip later in the summer, probably a cruise.

Do you think Memorial Day weekend will be crazy? I've only spent part of one day in Key West in the past and I'm very excited about my upcoming trip!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
1. Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Dude - a couple of things. May 2th was a few days ago. I'm guessing you mean the 27th/28th somehwere in there.

If you are flying into Key West you won't have to worry about traffic. Key West, like any popular vacation destination, is an extra special destination on holiday weekends.

Yes I'm guessing that it will be a fun time the the Olde Town then.

If you are driving to Key West, expect a slow trip down Friday night and Saturday.

Monday coming out of the leys will be worse. A LOT worse than anything you've seen before. My first Memorial Day, we drove back to Miami on Monday. STUPID IDEA It took over 6 hours from Marathon to Miami.

We will be in Marathon this Memorial Day. We now fly in early on Friday (we land about noon), and fly out on Tuesday evening. We normally miss the really bad traffic.

San Francisco...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Memorial Day Weekend

BuffetGuy, woops....you're right, the 27th. It was a type, like "coming out of the leys" <grin>

I'm flying into Key West, so hopefully I can avoid some of the crazyness, on the roads....and save it for the nightlife!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
3. Re: Memorial Day Weekend

NO - I meant leys (sheepish grin with twinkle in my eye)