We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe out at night?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Safe out at night?

Seems in all my browsing I read that there is an area that should be avoided after dark. South of Whitehead Street sounds familiar. I've noticed some hotels and guest houses that are in that area but I'm reluctant to stay there until I know if they are in the "bad" part of town. Thanks in advance.

falls church va
reviews: 11
1. Re: Safe out at night?

As long as you use good judgement you will be perfectly safe.It's not the best idea to be walking around in the wee morning hours in the back alleys/side streets behind Bahama Village but at the same time the Police patrol that area on foot,bikes and patrol cars---have fun and don't worry.

Tennessee
2. Re: Safe out at night?

Thank you! Now all I have to do is figure out where Bahama Village is - and I imagine once I'm there it won't be hard to find. I know to be cautious no matter where I am when I'm traveling alone but it never hurts to check things out in advance. And - I guess there's always a taxi! Thanks again.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
3. Re: Safe out at night?

I think if you just walk west on Petronia from Duval one or two blocks, you hit the Bahama Village.

Pjk

Summerland Key...
4. Re: Safe out at night?

It's clearly marked on most maps, and there's an arched gateway that says "Bahama Village," so you can't miss it.

The Blue Heaven restaurant is right on the edge, and I know there are a couple of guesthouses very close to Blue Heaven.

If you do a search through earlier Key West forums you'll see more discussion about the area.

A friend and I accidentally walked through after dark during our first stay in KW, and we survived. I think someone tried to sell me weed.

Get answers to your questions about Key West