We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

We are staying at the Hilton with Hilton points. The only dinner we have booked is for the night of our anniversary. We requested patio at Louie's Backyard on a Sunday night. Is this a good choice? Reviews on tripadvisor have been mixed, but people I know that have been to Key West have enjoyed it??? Other restaurant recs. appreciated. We love italian. Anyone been to the Opera House for Italian? Apparently it is a good find off the beaten path. Thanks in advance.

Saint Louis...
1. Re: 1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

I've not been lucky enough to eat at Louie's, but I've never heard anything but good about this place!

Lake, Michigan
reviews: 5
2. Re: 1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

We have mixed feelings about our one & only visit to Louie's, mostly because of the service. For one of the more expensive places at Key West, we had rather unfriendly service. Sort of ruined the experience for us. However, the location is great and we had a good dinner. Get good service and I'm sure you'll be happy.

Some other "nice place" recommendations include Mangoes, Cafe Sole, and we love sitting outdoors under the lights at Kelly's.

Long Island, NY
3. Re: 1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

I haven't had dinner at Louie's, but I have sat on the outside deck for drinks. The ocean view there is unbeatable, probably the best on the island. Definitely have a drink on the deck (whether or not you decide to have dinner there) and then watch the sunset- very romantic. As for other restaurants, I have heard that Michael's is fantastic. Check the reviews here on trip advisor. However, you won't have the same ocean atmosphere as it is located off the beaten path on Margaret Street. Also, check this site:

foodreference.com/html/keywestinformation.ht…

It has detailed descriptions on many Key West restaurants.

Have fun!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 40
4. Re: 1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

Same same for me. I had drinks there once and looked at the menu. Food seems too pricey for me but the view is nice. If you want an Italian dinner that is off the beaten path, try Salut! which is right on Higgs Beach. You can eat on their patio and watch the ocean as the sky gets dark. They have conch in a marinara sauce and mussels that are both great.

Pjk

NJ
5. Re: 1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

I also have read many mixed reviews about Louie's, however, I have eaten there probably 12 times, and each time it is exquisite. The food is always melt in your mouth. The atmosphere is unbeatable, and I have always had good service. Other restaurants worth trying are Cafe Sole and Blue Heaven. For italian we like Mangia Mangia. There are so many first rate restauarnts in Key West, you'll be amazed. Congrats on the anniversary.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
6. Re: 1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

Scarlet

Is the Italian place you mentioned the old house on Duval?

If it is we like that place also. If it's not, do you know the name of the I'm thinking of . . .

(I know it's tough to be a mind reader, especially an empty mind like mine)

NJ
7. Re: 1st anniv. in Key West 5/14-5/18 Louie's for dinner?

Buffettguy69,

Mangia Mangia is on Southard, about 4 blocks off Duval by Michaels. The 2 Italian places on Duval that come to mind are La Trattoria and Antonia's, but I don't think either of them are in an old house. Which end of Duval? What is it near?

Get answers to your questions about Key West