We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To: kltoth

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
To: kltoth

I saw in another posting that you may have pictures of banana bay resort. Is there anyway you could email some to me. My girlfriend and I are thinking of staying there in August and the website only shows the bed. Just curious what everything else looks like (rooms, pool, beach, etc.) Is it fairly easy to get around the island from there? Any info would be greatly appreciated. My email is jbos_phd@yahoo.com

Johnstown, PA
reviews: 1
1. Re: To: kltoth

Sorry I missed this... got most of it covered in emails.

About getting around on the island... the shuttle stops periodically right outside the resort. (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think its every 15 minutes). Its a busy stretch of highway... when we were there, we had a rental car and didnt have any real problems with parking (we went in knowing parking was a pain, so we kinda knew the deal with the rental). We used a cab on nights we both wanted to drink and a cab for 2 from the resort to mallory square was around $10. (prices for cabs go up for the amount of people over 4). Parking is $1.00/hour.... Id make sure you kept the meter plugged, because we saw MANY parking tickets on other people's cars. Not sure how much the ticket is (we never got one), but I can imagine with the cost of the meters, its a nice chunk of change.

Other than the location, you'll love this resort (and even the location wasnt as bad as what I thought it would be). I'll get the pictures to you in a couple days.

Get answers to your questions about Key West