We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming in August

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Coming in August

My girlfriend and I are coming to Key West in August and are looking for a place to stay. We are looking at the banana bay resort but we don't know too much about it. Does anyone know of any pictures on the web....their webstie does not show much. The bed looks nice but are the rooms in general nice? We are debating on staying here or the sheraton. We want something a little romantic.....should we stay at both places and split up the week or is that not worth it? Thanks for any information.

Orlando, FL
1. Re: Coming in August

Sorry, know nothing aboout Banana Bay

Useful web sites for info on the Florida Keys and Key West:

www.greatlocations.com

www.FlaKeys.com

www.KeyWest.com

Consider trip insurance as August is the beginning of the peak tropical storm/hurricane occurrence months of the hurricane season that runs from June 1st to Nov. 30th....

An, no, we don't know what's going to happen this year.

Summerland Key...
2. Re: Coming in August

Several people who frequent this forum just stayed there... Use the search on the left and you should come up with their screen names... then post a new question with their names in the subject so they see it. I think they had nice things to say.

Personally, I think the Sheraton is too far off the beaten track. (I think the same about Banana Bay, but people seem to like it.)

August is about as slow as it gets here, so you should be able to get a good deal closer to the action. Before we moved here, we would usually stay someplace posh for cheap during the week and then more someplace more economical on the weekend, when things always get busier (and the rates go up considerably).

For romance, I hear good things about both Pier House and Ocean Key, but they're not cheap. Most people in search of romance opt for one of KW's many B&Bs and guesthouses.

Johnstown, PA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Coming in August

jboz... the rooms in general are really nice. the bathrooms are a little "eh"..... however, they are very clean. water pressure is horrible... we occasionally got the occasional blast of hot or cold water. In my opinion, completely worth it tho. The grounds are awesome. Their marina is awesome. I have not one bad thing to say about that resort from the price to the location. stay there. you'll love it!