We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage restrictions on flights????

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saugerties, NY
reviews: 1
luggage restrictions on flights????

We are flying dirctly into Key West from Atlanta on a CRJ-700 jet. My brotherinlaw is scaring the heck out of my sister by telling her there are serious luggage restrictions and she has to pack extra light. Is this true? I have to say that he will probably be the one with the heavy suitcase, because he tends to wait til the last minute to pack and then overpacks. Any info would be appreciated, everyone here has been a tremendous help, Thanks.

Saugerties, NY
11. Re: luggage restrictions on flights????

Keys Bride

I have never had the screening process screw with my digital and I have taken it on flights for the last 2 years. I always make sure my battery is fully charged, but not left in the camera. The screeners told me it was ok the first time i went thru with my camera, but i figured they didnt really care about my stuff, but it was ok.

Johnstown, PA
12. Re: luggage restrictions on flights????

Im not sure about digital cameras, but to be on the safe side, Id ask the screener.

One thing I didnt make as clear as I wanted to: even film that has not been taken yet needs to be in the carry on. Its not only used film, but even brand new film will come out exposed when trying to develop it if sent through the checked baggage screening.

Saint Louis...
13. Re: luggage restrictions on flights????

No, your digital is fine..... it's the film that is destroyed, digital cams have no film.