We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boating this weekend

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
orlando
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
boating this weekend

We (two couples) are coming down for the whole party thing this weekend but we also would like to rent a boat and do some exploring and snorkeling during the day. Anybody have experience with a good business to rent a boat?.....and where would we find it the most interesting to boat around?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
1. Re: boating this weekend

Your best bet would be to take one of the snorkle trips available rather than rent a boat and 'do it on your own'.

Try Looe Key

Actually, Key Largo is what I consider the best location in the Keys for snorkeling with John Pennekamp Coral Reef Park - it's touted as the dive capitol of the world.

Useful web sites:

www.FlaKeys.com

www.KeyWest.com

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
29,605 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: boating this weekend

There is a watersports place that is right next to the Hyatt Hotel. It may be associated with the Hyatt becausse I think you have to go onto the grounds to get to them. I was watching them once rent small, outboard boats, to couples, and I think they provide snorkling gear and a cooler with soft drinks. I'd guess it's either for a half or full day.

You might want to give the Hyatt a call.

Pjk