We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banana Bay Resort

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Level Contributor
25 posts
Banana Bay Resort

Does anyone have any pictures of banana bay resort? The web page does not show much. Also do they have thier own shuttle? My email is jbos_phd@yahoo.com....any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Richmond, Va
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Banana Bay Resort

Mu husband and I stayed at BB a few years ago on our first trip to KW (we've since been back several times). We were on a pretty tight budget back then, and we got a great deal at BB, so we weren't expecting the Ritz. All in all, it wasn't bad. Not the most visually appealing place from the road - my heart dropped when we pulled up. It got a little better when we drove to our room around back. The exterior is ok, reminded me of Myrtle Beach type budget hotels, not horrible, not great, just average. The pool isn't bad, again, average. there is a tiki bar with great virgin pina colodas (I don't drink, so flavor matters to me :)). Behind that area is the "beach" - which is very small, but a beach nonetheless, in that there is sand and water, and a pretty cool giant checkerboard, plus nice hammocks, which we tested out. It wasn't paradise, but it was nice and quiet, and good enough for us back then. The rooms are decent - I really liked the large bed with canopy netting, it was a decent room. The staff was really nice, and there's a boat thing on the property where you can take a sunset cruise, which we meant to do, but didn't have time once we discovered everything else on the other part of the island! Since then, we have purchased at timeshare at one of the Hyatts on the island, and so we wouldn't stay at BB again, but it's a respectable place, despite it's outward appearance. If you like to stay at places w/ great pool areas, which alot of people in the Keys do since the beaches aren't what KW is known for, you might look elsewhere, but if you want a decent place to stay for a good price, this is pretty good. Oh, yeah, to answer your question, I do have some pix we took, but don't know where they are!