We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming in mid May have a few ??????

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Coming in mid May have a few ??????

Howdy all,

I was born at the Naval Base in 58" Is it still there and are we allowed on the base? Is base housing still there? Was under one year old when we left, never been back

Is there an active Catholic church on KW?

When is hurricane season?

Any thoughts on the DoubleTree that is where we are staying.......

When is this FantasyFest? (Hopefully not in May LOL)

Thanks for any help.

Coldfeet

TN
reviews: 1
1. Re: Coming in mid May have a few ??????

Fantasy Fest I do belive is in October..Been researching going there myself in July for the 1st.

Harwich...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Coming in mid May have a few ??????

Coldfeet,

Saint Mary Star of the Sea is the RC church on KW at 1010 Windsor Ln, I believe it's by the Cemetery, the Hotel can give directions(i've never been).

Hurricane season starts around late august?

The Naval base has gone thru a few changes since 58, were you born at the Truman Annex? Trumbo Pt.? Boca Chica?

Trumbo and Boca are the same ,more or less,most of Truman is now upscale condos ,townhomes, single family and a B+B and also some buildings are left in a "historical state" for visitors, you can walk the grounds even though it is a gated community( after a certain hour you have guarded gates).The Barracks area by Ft. Taylor is still a active USN base, the rest of the old KW naval station by the Navy Mole is owned now by KW with development plans being discussed( the Mole is shared by the USN and large cruise ships). The Barracks area is off limits to visitors as it is used by USN seals and other high tech training supposedly.

Fantasy Fest is usually in Oct.

All this info. is subject to change, that's my disclaimer!

Orlando, FL
3. Re: Coming in mid May have a few ??????

To mikez:

HURRICANE SEASON - Please note:

The official hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30th.

The peak frequency period for occurrences of tropical storms and hurricanes runs from about the beginning of August to early October.

And, no, we don't know what's going to happen this year.

Weeki Wachee, Fl.
reviews: 3
4. Re: Coming in mid May have a few ??????

Like the prev. post stated-Hurricane season starts in June thru Nov.

We has 4 hit our state last year and this year is anyones guess.

We live on the water and had to evacuate 4x last summer in a 5 week period!! Not fun but that is the price you pay for paradise :)

Look at it this way- if one comes we get a warning and time to get out unlike a tornado that can snatch you up in the dark of night.

Saint Louis...
5. Re: Coming in mid May have a few ??????

No, don't worry, Fantasy Fest is ALWAYS at the end of October, ending the last Sunday in October if not mistaken.

The church is very easy to find and very pretty. And unfortunately, never been to the Double Tree.......but it is in Key west, how bad could on be - they are usually very good.

Have fun!