We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 27th...I'm there!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 4
May 27th...I'm there!

I have just booked a five night stay in Key West beginning May 27th. I've only been there for a day as part of a cruise. I was so taken with Key West that I'm actually considering it for one of my retirement options. I figured a five day trip would give me a better idea if it is for me. Worst case is I discover it's not where I want to retire, but I'll still have a fun trip!

Maine
reviews: 36
1. Re: May 27th...I'm there!

Oh, sure, give us the good news, and then neglect to tell us where you decided to stay!

You, like everyone who's spent time there will absolutely be hooked. My husband is currently practicing jiggling a tin cup for when we retire there. I figure I'll get a part time job, and he'll spend his days standing outside the Green Parrot jiggling the cup until he has enough change to go inside, get it filled up, then go back out to jiggling again. (Shouldn't be too tough, he's a Hemingway look-alike.)

St Louis Mo
reviews: 7
2. Re: May 27th...I'm there!

It will definately be a fun trip. I will be down next week for just a couple days. I am coming down with a fellow firefighter and in June with my wife. The airfare from STL to FLL has been cheap.

Now I really love the place but I would not want to retire there. I enjoy the party atmosphere and visiting several times a year but I will probaly retire near Branson Mo.

Hope you have a great stay.

Bristol, Rhode...
reviews: 3
3. Re: May 27th...I'm there!

You'll be leaving and I'll be arriving.I can't wait,I'm in major need of some good rest... ;)

San Francisco...
reviews: 4
4. Re: May 27th...I'm there!

I live in Northern California. I earned a free round trip airfare on Southwest. It's great that portion of the trip is free, however, there are three stops and it's going to take about nine hours to get to Ft Lauderdale. I'm catching a small commuter hop from FL to Key West. It would be nice if Southwest flew directly into Key West, but I can't complain since that leg of my journey is free!

I would be lying if I said I was coming to Key West for cultural reasons. I'm coming to stay up late, drink too much, and hang out at the pool. No guilt here! <grin>