We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Hotels?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 4
Favorite Hotels?

I just booked my flight to Key West for late May. I'm very excited to get-away and have five nights in Key West! I was there one previously for a day as a stopover on a cruise.

I'd like to ask for hotel recommendations that are near the night life. I believe the end of this month is not the height of the tourist season, so hotel prices are down a bit. I'm hoping to find a nice hotel that is moderatly priced (not cheap). Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Orlando, FL
1. Re: Favorite Hotels?

I'm sure you will get specific recommendations, so, this is just an FYI in case you don't already know about it.

You can do a search here on Tripadvisor by clicking on 'Key West hotels' in the "Browse" sidebar to the left.

Then, on the hotel listing that comes up, there is a little dropdown box labeled 'Average price'. Click on the box and you can select your price range and get a corresponding hotel listing for your price range. Many lodgings on all of the lists have photo links, map links as well as reviews you can check out.

I would recommend that you make reservations asap as KW is extremely popular most anytime of the year And 'late May' includes the Memorial day 3-day weekend.

Useful web sites:

www.flaKeys.com

www.KeyWest.com

www.seee-florida.com

San Francisco...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Favorite Hotels?

I'm hoping to make my reservations by Monday. I can pick from the list provided here, but a good recommendation will be appreciated as well.

Thanks everyone!

Stow, Ohio
3. Re: Favorite Hotels?

StockCerts: What kind of place do you like and what is your price range per night? I'll try to give you a rec. or two.

Maine
reviews: 36
4. Re: Favorite Hotels?

Basically, there's 3 types of properties, and that's what you need to clarify for preference: hotel/resort, small hotel/inn and B&B. You can do lots of research on the TripAdvisor hotel review site. Very frank reviews/comments from guests. For sure, stay in Old Town; my preference is near Historic Seaport.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
5. Re: Favorite Hotels?

I almost always stay at the Pier House - 1 Duval. It is within walking distance of pretty much all of the Key West activities, and it has two plusses; a small beach and you can actually swim in the ocean. The Hyatt has an even smaller beach but my opinion is that the rooms are not as nice. There are several negative comments about the Pier House but I think this is because there are nice rooms and not-so-nice rooms. The nice rooms are 422 - 442, 2nd floor garden rooms facing west. It has a good pool which goes from about 3 feet to 12 feet so you can actually swim in it and have a drink and talk to the other guests. And a nice outdoor bar for drinks and snacks. They have their own sunset deck with bar. The rooms are plenty big, have a small veranda, and are well-kept. It is a little expensive if you eat there for dinner, but this is not a problem in Key West. And you can generally get a .05 % discount if you return. I'll be there in May / June.

Pjk

North Liberty, Iowa
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
6. Re: Favorite Hotels?

My favorite small hotel in Key West is probably Island City House, but only if I can get one of the rooms in the main house that have the huge semi-private verandas. We've also had wonderful stays at Ambrosia, Merlin Guesthouse, Paradise Inn, Coco Plum (probably my least favorite, but still not a bad place to stay), and most recently Cypress House.

Of the above Paradise Inn and Merlin are the furthest away, but still very, very easy walking distance. Coco Plum is essentially right next to the Green Parrot, may be a little too close to the nightlife. However, when we closed the door to our room, we couldn't hear the music.

Saint Louis...
7. Re: Favorite Hotels?

I must stand by my favorite Ocean Key Hotel.....can't be beat in my opinion.

Wilson, NC
8. Re: Favorite Hotels?

The Garden House Bed and Breakfast ($129 per night) free breakfast and free Happy Hour everyday at 5, lagoon style pool, 2 blocks from Duval but very quiet and peaceful.

Delaware
reviews: 1
9. Re: Favorite Hotels?

I was wondering what the Moontide Cabins are like. I mean are they clean and updated? I am coming up to Maine to visit my father in the local nursing home and want to stay close in Old Orchard Beach. I can't see any room pictures on the site and wondered if anyone has stayed there or has even seen inside the rooms.

Thank you,