We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

Which is better for a romantic stay in KW? Is the Ocean key noisy being right in the center of the action? Do all of the rooms in ocean key have a view of the sunset and a jacuzzi? Plus getting around seems easier from the doubletree with the free shuttle, is anything like that offered at ocean key? Thanks for any help.

NJ
reviews: 5
1. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

The Ocean Key Resort is in the center of activity in "old town" Key West. You will have absolutely no need for transportation if you stay here. I have stayed at the Ocean Key, and our standard room did have a 2 person jacuzzi, and a great view of Mallory Square & sunset. I would choose Ocean Key hands down based on location.

Detroit
2. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

Was the jacuzzi nice and big?

Orlando, FL
3. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

If you are interested in the Ocean Key, why show some personal initiative and check it out in the photo tour on their web site along with other information and make up your own mind.

http://www.oceankey.com/

that is, if you haven't already...

There are other resources for you on the web besides tripadvisor...

Detroit
4. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

Sorry endeavor, but I did look on there site and it did not say what kind of tub it was (regular tub with jets or a nice jacuzzi) in the standard. The hotel will tell you everything you want but I thought I would get some feedback from people who have been there. So I did take some initiative pal, why don't you not talk to people like your better than them.

Orlando, FL
5. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

Good for you!

Based on your bazillion questions in your multitude of postings, it wasn't immediately obvious that you ever did that.

Have a nice day.

Saint Louis...
6. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

I'm fairly certain that it is not a regular tub. We haven't had that type room, but someone told me they were out in the middle so to speak and you can see the ocean from there.

Just send them an email, they are VERY helpful & you will think they have known you all your life. I love this place & we are returning again in June.

If you have ocean view or mallory view there is nothing more needed - These are the view postcards are made of! Even street view of Duval is very cool!

Doubletree has a shuttle for one reason.....it is away from all the tourist action .. Hog's Breath, Sloppy Joe's, Fogarty's, Capt' Tonys, Duval Street, Hemmingways House, Mallory Square etc.

I know you won't be disappointed and will have a great time.

Saint Louis...
7. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

…expedia.com/hotels/…16682_8_b.jpg

This makes me think it's the oversize 2 person size - hope it helps.

NJ
reviews: 5
8. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

It was not a regualr tub. It was a walk in jacuzzi for 2, very nice.

Huntington, New York
reviews: 1
9. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

The jacuzzi tubs in the Ocean Key are huge. email at supamaki@gmail.com and I'll send you a picture.

Keep posting and asking questions here, most of us have the laid back Key West attitude, but then again, there are always a few who don't.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 1
10. Re: Ocean Key vs. Doubletree

Ocean Key is the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just love the location!