We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

karaoke in key west?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
charlotte
karaoke in key west?

Looking for karaoke in key west. Also considering the drag show and the bar or haunted tour. Anyone done these? Any local hangouts. Would like some place not too commercial.

NJ
reviews: 5
1. Re: karaoke in key west?

I have heard that the karaoke at Bobby's Monkey Bar on Simonton is really fun. I think Desiray (a drag queen) hosts it. It is supposed to be a blast and mostly locals. Also go see a drag show. I like the show upstairs at the 801. They have a show at 9 & 11 I think. These shows are interactive and very fun. This is not the show for you if you are shy. I have also seen Broadway 3 Ways at the cabaret at the La Te Da. Also a great show. This is a very classy event, kind of like a mimi Broadway show, but lots of fun. If you want to try some off the beaten path places, go to BO's fish wagon for lunch (it's over by the harborwalk). If you like Irish Pub's, try Finnegans Wake (local spot). Have a drink on The Afterdeck at Louie's. If you like Cuban food, have lunch at The Dennis Pharmacy. It has a little eatery in it with great local food and color.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
2. Re: karaoke in key west?

There's at least one Karaoke bar...

www.twofriendskeywest.com/entertainment.htm

My two fav local hangouts are Pepe's on Caroline Street and El Meson de Pepe on Wall Street. And the Sands Beach Club on Simonton. And Kelly's on Whitehead. (How many was that?)

Pjk

Wilson, NC
3. Re: karaoke in key west?

Don't waste your money on the haunted tours!! What a rip off.

Long Island, NY
4. Re: karaoke in key west?

SKB, I would love to hear about the haunted tour. What about it didn't you like? Did you do the one at the La Concha?

Wilson, NC
5. Re: karaoke in key west?

Hi TikiGirl- We've been on numerous ghost tours in different cities and states that were very interesting and moved right along from haunted place to haunted place BUT the tour we took was at the La Concha- $18 per person, supposed to last for 90 minutes and at the end of 60 minutes, we had moved from the parking lot of the hotel to the parking lot of the funeral home. Maybe it was actually our tour guide that was the problem because he told the stories the way molasses flows in the winter time. Another guide may have been better- I don't know. It wasn't just my hubby and I that felt this way because out of a group of 15 strangers, 7 of us bailed at the 60 minute mark. I must say that I did go back to the hotel lobby to complain and was given a full refund. :) P.S. He spent 15 minutes teaching us to yell "You're doomed!" at anyone who walked by the group.

Long Island, NY
6. Re: karaoke in key west?

Thanks for details, SKB. I was going to try it on my upcoming trip, but I think I will skip it. More time for drinks and fun is fine with me!

Iowa
reviews: 2
7. Re: karaoke in key west?

2 Friends Patio bar and restaurant has karaoke also. We went on the ghost tour a few years ago. It was a fun way to spend a few hours. It even managed to be a bit spooky.