We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best snorkelling sites - Dangerous Charters or Sebago...

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
4 posts
best snorkelling sites - Dangerous Charters or Sebago...

My partner and I are planning our first trip to the Keys and I want to plan something exciting for us to do as a surprise. She doesn't dive so I am looking for great snorkelling sites instead. I would appreciate feedback on whether Dangerous Charters or Sebago Watersports have the best snorkelling sites. We aren't interested in a "booze cruise" atmosphere but generally want to be enjoying the water and hopefully seeing a great variety of underwater life.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
29,591 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: best snorkelling sites - Dangerous Charters or Sebago...

If you mean Danger Charters, they are a combo snorkle / lunch / kayak excursion that costs approx 150.00 / person. They boat is small so they cannot take a lot of people. 24?

The Sebagos go out in the morning and afternoon and then do a combo snorkel / sunset sail and they all cost the same, between 35 amd 45.00. They are fun, and the combo is the best deal of the two IMO. They don't serve food.

My favorite is the Stars & Stripes. 90.00 / person but two stops and lunch and a small breakfast. Check out their web page. There is a shot of the boat anchored over a sandbar in crystal clear water. This is no exageration; this is the second stop.

But the Floridays does a great job, too. S small, 64 footer with two sails and not aot of peeople. 45.00 / person. And quite honestly, for snorkling, they al go to pretty much similar places. And what you see depends on how lucky you are and how calm the water is that particular day.

Pjk

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
29,591 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: best snorkelling sites - Dangerous Charters or Sebago...

If you can use this, check out the whole slide show, but the third photo was what my friend and I loved. She just floated in the water with a beer and I dove around with just a mask on.

http://www.adventurekeywest.com/shallows.html

Pjk

Albuquerque, NM
12 posts
3. Re: best snorkelling sites - Dangerous Charters or Sebago...

Sebago's Island 'Ting includes both snorkleing and kayaking and appears to be only about 79 per person but from previous posts sounds pretty crowded.