We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on taking the Greyhound bus from Miami?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Jolla, CA
Tips on taking the Greyhound bus from Miami?

Had anybody out there taken the bus from Miami airport? I heard it's cheaper than a car, plus you don't have to drive, and you get a better view from being higher up off the road. I believe I can buy roundtrip tickets ahead of time (get discount) and hop on the bus right at the airport terminal in Miami.

Would love to hear of anybody's experiences ridin the bus!

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 9
1. Re: Tips on taking the Greyhound bus from Miami?

We took the bus from Key West to the Miami airport when we were 'stranded' in Key West after 09-11. Cost at that time was $30.00 per person one way. I've gotten pretty cheap rental cars the past couple of times that we've driven to Key West (one way rental, we fly out of Key West to get home). I've rented full sized cars (four adults) and have gotten either a SUV or a van both times. Even paying for the taxi in Key West after returning the car, it wasn't much more than the bus.

Naperville, IL
reviews: 4
2. Re: Tips on taking the Greyhound bus from Miami?

You may want to look at a schedule before you commit to the bus. The Greyhound makes LOTS of stops so this would be a very long bus ride, yuck. Not my idea of being on vacation!

Get answers to your questions about Key West