We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of the "chain hotels"

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, FL
reviews: 1
Best of the "chain hotels"

I was wondering which of the traditional chain hotels (Marriot, Hilton, Sheraton, Westin, Double Tree, Hyatt, etc...) is the best in Key West.

arkansas
11. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

Laurie - You're in luck! Shorts are appropriate for any restaurant in Key West, regardless of how pricey...and some are very pricey. One of my favorite casual restaurants is the Half Shell Raw Bar, but there are lots of other options.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
12. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

The usual Suspects...

IMO Blue Heavan on Petronia Street (they say Thomas) is prolly the best of the casual places to eat. Casual means they don't have a roof and the chickens run free. The cats only sleep. Blackened catch-of-the-day served Cuban style with a Kalik.

Pepe's on Caroline. No roof either in their "garden," but they have great daily specials. Turkey and gravy on Thursdays. And a Key West sunset lager.

The Sands Beach Club on Simonton. No shirts, no shoes, great Bloody Marys and the sea-food platter for 2 is great; oyesters, clams and shrimp. They have white conch chowder which I have yet to try. And steamers.

Brabby Bills on Greene. Cheap oysters & beer, here, during happy hour. Sam Adams.

El Meson de Pepe for Cuban specialites - "wet" plantains and ceviche and mojitos (one of Papa's favorites). They have a great band.

And there are mixed reviews for BO's, also on Caroline. I think you have to check this out for yourself, but it is certainly casual. So casual I think it might fall down.

And anyplace on the Bight; Schooner Wharf, Trutle Kraals, Half-sell Raw Bar. Here's were you try conch chowder or fritters, crab legs, or whatever.

There's no end. I'm going to try Santiago's Bodega next time.

Pjk

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 9
13. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

Thanks so much, Susan and Pjk! I can't wait for the getaway! :)

Louisville, KY
reviews: 9
14. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

I personally would avoid the Hyatt unless you get an awesome deal on the rooms. I've stayed at almost forty different Hyatts and have never been as disappointed with a stay! The staff was generally very nice as was the offering of amenities but the hotel itself is rather old and rundown, not at all what you'd expect from a Hyatt Resort! It is very apparent that the hotel is managed by Hyatt but owned by a separate entity . . . one who my assumption is doesn't like to part with his/her profits for reinvesting.

Upon entering the rooms you immediately notice how old everything is, just about every furnishing was worn, tattered, or stained. While I do believe the housekeepers do an excellent job, there's only so much you can do once mildew & mold are inside the grout.

I'd stay at the Crowne Plaza but they're probably the most pricey.

florida
reviews: 28
15. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

The Hyatt Resort and Marina is awesome but expensive. Luckily, we used travel points to accomodate us with the Tennessee Williams suite. Very nice. Also, you get to use Sunset Key( the island with guest cottages) to sunbathe or eat lunch. A ferry will ride you there for $10. Being on sunset pier will never make you late for sunset celebration.

arkansas
16. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

Maddox, you've got the Hyatt and Hilton confused. They're both on the Gulf, but the Hilton is the one with access to Sunset Key :)