We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of the "chain hotels"

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, FL
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Best of the "chain hotels"

I was wondering which of the traditional chain hotels (Marriot, Hilton, Sheraton, Westin, Double Tree, Hyatt, etc...) is the best in Key West.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
1. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

That's a tough one. I like the Hilton and (Crown Plaza) La Concha for their locations and creature comforts. The Sheraton is too far away from the action for me. If I had an unlimited budget, though, I'd want to stay at the (Wyndham) Casa Marina.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
2. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

For the hotel AND the location, the Hyatt Resort and Marina on Front Street. Second - for location - the Hilton. Third, the Wyndham Casa Marina.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
3. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

I have a reservation at the Wyndham Casa Marina, but some of the on-line reviews are pretty bad. Is it nicer than the reviews? Thanks.

NJ
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

The Wyndham Casa Marina is an exquisite resort. Ask for a room in the original building. The newer rooms are nice, but lack the "grandness" of the original building. The beach, pool, and grounds are always impecable. I have always had a really nice experience there. I even had my wedding ceremony there. The only drawback is the location. It is situated in a nice neighborhood right on the Atlantic, but it is a 20-25 minute walk to the lower end of Duval. No big deal if you don't mind a little exercise. We've done it. And there are always taxis if your tired.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
5. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

Reading the reviews on this site, you would think there were two Casa Marinas in Key West. Are the rooms decent? I've read complaints of mold and dirt and stains and bad staff in many reviews, but other people rave about the cleanliness and the friendliness. I live here, which means I certainly can't afford to stay there, and I don't want to recommend it to anyone if it's not worth the considerable room rate. (Worth being a relative thing in this town, of course.) Do you have any idea why there would be so many negatives? A small bathroom in a 90-year-old Florida resort is not unusual, and surely that can't be the only thing that sets people off.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

We're staying at the Hilton in May. What's the best way to get from the airport to the Hilton. :) Thanks!

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
7. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

If the Hilton has an airport shuttle, that's the best way. Otherwise, take a cab...there will be several outside the airport.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

We stayed at the Hilton for a week this Feb. and were very happy we did! The beds and bedding are extreamly comfortable and the pool and location can't be beat. As discussed in previous posts, I would not pay for an ocean view room which are obstructed by the cruise ships. PS Whether you stay there or not, try to catch the Sunday brunch - awesome!

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

Oh yeah, there is no airport trans for the Hilton but the cab ride from the airport is $15 for 2.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Best of the "chain hotels"

We'll be spending our 20th wedding anniversary at the Hilton in May. Any recommendations for casual restaurant with great food? I look forward to not dressing up! :)