We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KW Shuttle, Walking around, Fishing

Which Key Colony Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Angola, Indiana
reviews: 16
KW Shuttle, Walking around, Fishing

Staying in KCB over New Years and was wondering if there will be any shuttles to KW for New Years Eve?

We are staying in a duplex just North of Sharky's (which according to my Wife, we will be there every night), and was wondering how far of a walk(stumble) it is to Cabana Club?

Are there fish off the dock in the bay that we are staying on? Are there any piers to fish off of?

Thank you!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
1. Re: KW Shuttle, Walking around, Fishing

There haven't been shuttles to KW for New Years in the past that I'm aware of. There is a public bus, but I think it ends close to midnight, maybe they'll do a special, I don't know.

I am guessing you are in one of the new duplex's right by Sparky's. If so, the walk to Cabana isn't that far, maybe not even 10 mins. Easy enough to do. There is also Key Colony Inn close by.

You may find some small fish off the dock right there, snappers maybe. There is a pier at Cabana Breezes too. Besides that, the bridges may be your best bet without hiring a fishing charter.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 14
2. Re: KW Shuttle, Walking around, Fishing

North would be towards US one. The new duplexes are the other direction.

Sparky's is real close to 1/2 mile from the Cabana Club. The Cabana Club is maybe 1 mile from US 1.

Say hi to Barb, Allee (sp), Matt, Mike, Paul, and the effervescent Senorita Frijole from the lovely Buffettgal and guy. You'll like Sparky's. John Bartus plays on Thursday nights. They have other entertainment some Tuesdays, once in a while on wednesday, as well. This trip we discovered tres leche dessert. Holy Crapole is that good. Skip the fish taco and just have that - and my favorite is the fish taco.

You can fish off the docks in Bonefish Bay. I've caught snapper, and seen a shark, and tarpon caught. There is a small bridge about 1/2 mile towards US 1 from Sparky's. My boys fish there just about every night.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
3. Re: KW Shuttle, Walking around, Fishing

"North would be towards US one."

duh, yup. I was talking to someone last night that's renting one of the new ones, my brain went straight to those.

4. Re: KW Shuttle, Walking around, Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Key Colony Beach