We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
reviews: 30
dinner

Need suggestions for a great dinner out first night where we can bring a 1 year old and not be frowned upon!!! We are foodies....so must be great!!!! LOL

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
reviews: 120
1. Re: dinner

What type of food do you enjoy the most? I think any concern with a 1-year old will be their behavior during the meal, especially at an upscale restaurant. While overall Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island restaurants tend to be casual, I know we avoided expensive restaurants when we had infants due to their unpredictablity. If you are staying at a hotel/motel, they should be able to arrange for a reputable and trustworthy babysitter so you can enjoy your meal to the fullest without worry.

Albany, New York
2. Re: dinner

Want a family type restaurant......have no desire to leave her with anyone!!!

Avon, OH
3. Re: dinner

Go to Merge. The food is awesome. Young, creative chef who has young children of his own at home. My husband and I fancy ourselves as foodies as well and have been taking our 5 year old there for years. My only advice would be to go early . . . and I probably don't have to tell you to bring things to amuse. Adam (the chef) will provide as many dinner rolls as you want :-)

Albany, New York
4. Re: dinner

Thanks....I was looking at the reviews and it sounded great, but couldnt get a vibe of whether or not kids would be appreciated!!!! appreciate the help!!

Avon, OH
5. Re: dinner

As I said the chef is young. . .restaurant is only a few years old so the atmosphere is nothing special. . .not terrible. . just not anything to write home about. The food is the draw. You can totally take your 1 year old. I've always taken my son to nice restaurants. I'm a big believer in taking your child and teaching them what is expected. I probably don't have to tell you that, of course, you won't be able to sit and leisurely eat and drink for hours . . . but I know that my son is absolutely good for at least 1 hour so my husband and I can enjoy our meal. We go early and usually on a week night as to not be there on a restaurants busier/"date night". . .not sure what your arrival day is, but if you go early you should still be fine. We have a portable DVD player that we take and he watches his movies. Your child may be a bit young for that .. but I'm sure you can take things that will amuse him or her while you enjoy a nice meal.

Darien, GA
reviews: 9
6. Re: dinner

Go to Sliders! They even have a playground for kids right on the beach.

Albany, New York
7. Re: dinner

Thanks ...i will check it out!

Avon, OH
8. Re: dinner

Don't get me wrong Sliders is great for the kids. . .but you said you were a "foodie". . .Sliders is more burgers and sandwiches. . . but again the playground is a huge hit with the kids :-) . . . although at 1 year old he or she could be a bit young.

Albany, New York
9. Re: dinner

I looked at the place and it is fine, but we are there for 10 days so i am sure we will check out both!!! Maybe do sliders for a lunch!!! Thanks everyone for the answers tho....we are pretty excited for our first trip here!! Hope we have good weather!!!

michigan
reviews: 8
10. Re: dinner

Also, recommend Timoti's for lunch (seafood). Very casual outdoor seating with a ship playground for the kids. Best fresh seafood in town. Also, same family owns Cafe Karibo a couple of doors down the street. Also casual with outdoor garden area and kid friendly. Diverse menu with fresh ingredients. Finally, across the corner from Karibo is Arte's. Best pizza in town plus great salads. Again, kid friendly but be advised, they're going thru an add on construction project so don't know how that's affecting them. So many choices, so little time.