We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend in AI

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 3
Girls weekend in AI

Doing a girls weekend in August w 8 women in our late 30s to escape children, jobs and spouses. Our goal is lots of pool and spa time w dinners off property. We plan to rent cars.

Which is better Ritz or Omni?

Suggestions for dinners?

Thanks!

Avon, OH
1. Re: Girls weekend in AI

Well the Ritz is the Ritz . . just as you would expect :-) Omni is a very large resort. . . just finished $100 million renovation and I'm sure it's beautiful although I can't say that I've been in and around to see first hand. At the front of the Omni there are shops and restaurants. I suppose it is all in what you are looking for a larger resort or a smaller resort (Ritz), but I'm sure you can't go wrong with either.

As far as dinners, the town of Fernandina (10-15 min drive from either resort) has a plethora of choices. Everything from high end, foodie quality right down through burgers and sandwiches. Again, I hesitate to recommend restaurants as what one person thinks is fantastic another may think to stuffy or vice versa.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 3
2. Re: Girls weekend in AI

Thanks impatient grasshopper! Appreciate your insights.

Amelia Island
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island
3. Re: Girls weekend in AI

Just to add a bit of info to grasshopper's good response, the Ritz Carlton spa is truly world class and can easily handle groups. The only downside to the property for your particular group is that they are also known for being a family hotel so there will likely be lots of kids there. In the summer, the same can probably be said for the Omni, as well, but they're both great properties. If you'd really prefer to avoid kids, you may want to check with the bed and breakfasts because many of them don't take kids and some even have pools. It's hard to go wrong on Amelia Island - it's just a matter of preferences.

4. Re: Girls weekend in AI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 16, 2014