We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which condo complex?

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Which condo complex?

Have narrowed our vacation rental search to a condo on Ocean Place (part of omni) or Oceans of Amelia, but having never been to AI, not sure what they ate close to.

We will be bringing our 3 and 7 yr old girls to the beach for the first time. We plan to visit Ft Clinch and were thinking about going to Cumberland Island. Otherwise just hanging at the beach and pool.

Is it possible to walk to Ft Clinch or us it quite a drive? Is one complex closer to town and good restaurants within walking distance?

Any feedback on what to do or where to stay would be great!

Thanks! Jamie

Avon, OH
1. Re: Which condo complex?

Are you sure Ocean Place is part of Omni? I own a condo in a complex called Ocean Place, but we are not part of Omni. Just making sure you aren't mistaken and don't end up where you expect :-)

2. Re: Which condo complex?

I could very well be mistaken. The gentleman I spoke with at the visitor center thought it was part of Omni. All the more reason why I could use some help ;)

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 70
3. Re: Which condo complex?

Get the addresses, then use Google Maps to get locations and distances.

Avon, OH
4. Re: Which condo complex?

Ocean Place is located in the Summer Beach area of Amelia Island. It is on the southern end of the island, but the Omni is even a little bit father south (5-7 minute drive farther south on the A1A). It is also located immediately beside the Ritz Carlton. Ocean Place has it's own private beach and would be a more quiet area . . however, you will obviously be sharing the beach with other families staying at Ocean Place. Oceans of Amelia is located farther north on the A1A and closer to Fort Clinch and the quaint little town of Fernandina. . . but don't get me wrong, Amelia Island is only like 13 miles long so you aren't ever far from anything :-) What time of year are you planning your trip?

5. Re: Which condo complex?

Thanks for clarifying. We will be visiting in August. We are also looking at a walkout on Amelia by the Sea. I like the idea of no elevators to the beach-just a straight shot of hyperactivity to the water!

I think we ruled out one of the Summer Beach townhouses due to cost but they looked really nice

Avon, OH
6. Re: Which condo complex?

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time no matter where you choose. We love love love Amelia Island. We leave next week for a week and one half. . then return for the 4th and are going back down for 2 weeks at the end of July . . and flying down again for a quick long weekend in late August. We try to get down as much as we can :-) Something I wanted to warn you about . . . Fort Clinch and Cumberland are both great adventures, however in the August heat I would recommend you go to Fort Clinch as early in the morning as possible and if you do choose to go over to Cumberland take some bug spray. August is a scorcher, but all the better for hanging out at the beach with the ocean breeze :-) Have a wonderful trip :-)

Avon, OH
7. Re: Which condo complex?

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time no matter where you choose. We love love love Amelia Island. We leave next week for a week and one half. . then return for the 4th and are going back down for 2 weeks at the end of July . . and flying down again for a quick long weekend in late August. We try to get down as much as we can :-) Something I wanted to warn you about . . . Fort Clinch and Cumberland are both great adventures, however in the August heat I would recommend you go to Fort Clinch as early in the morning as possible and if you do choose to go over to Cumberland take some bug spray. August is a scorcher, but all the better for hanging out at the beach with the ocean breeze :-) Have a wonderful trip :-)

8. Re: Which condo complex?

Thanks for the warning about the heat & bug spray...I thought maybe the breeze from the ocean would make it a non-issue at Ft. Clinch and wouldn't have been prepared!

Avon, OH
9. Re: Which condo complex?

nope :-) I tell you these tips from experience .. made these mistakes back in the day when our oldest kids were young :-) Also, if you happen to be there the weekend of August 3-4 they have people dressed in period clothing . . they are quite talented and very knowledgeable. . .and try as you might you will never get them out of their character :-) They also have a self-guided candlelight tour on Saturday, August 3rd after sundown :-) They only offer these events the first weekend of the month . . .

10. Re: Which condo complex?

well...we weren't planning on coming until the following week, but we might see if we can alter our plans because that sounds really neat!

Do they fire the cannons? My husband loves that type of thing & I think my kiddos would think it is awesome!

Get answers to your questions about Amelia Island