We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tween things to do? Staying at Omni

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World
reviews: 79
Tween things to do? Staying at Omni

We live in a beach resort town next to Atlantic City. During a long weekend in late-June my wife will be attending a conference at the Omni and I'm gonna tag along. We're trying to decide whether our 10-year-old daughter will have a good time there or if she should stay at home with her grandparents and enjoy her day camp (Thursday and Friday) and her own beach and her friends.

What I'm trying to say is, the beach isn't a novelty for her, she's grown up a few blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, and during the off-season it's so quiet here you can hear the ocean from our house.

Do you think she has the potential to be bored staying at the Omni with us? We don't want to selfishly leave her at home, but we also don't want to feel like we're dragging her with us and she'll have nothing to do. I went on the Omni's website ... I see there is a kids' camp but we wouldn't send her to that ... if she comes with us we'd want to spend good quality time with her, because if we wanted our privacy and wanted her to have the camp (and so on) experience we'd leave her at home.

Thanks!!!

Amelia Island...
1. Re: Tween things to do? Staying at Omni

Hello,

Great news, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation has plenty to entertain your daughter so she won't even think of getting bored! I'm the teen concierge for the resort so I'm familiar with all things tweens and teens enjoy. From Segway tours to explore the property to pools to splash in to junior golf and tennis clinics, there will be plenty for her to do both with or without you. Our Just For Families activities include beach fires or games around the pool deck. You can rent bikes to ride over 7 miles of trails or take a nature tour together. Gamers, our new teen lounge, offers video games, foosball and air hockey. You can review all of our recreation options at weeklyresortguide.com or feel free to reach out to me at ameliateenconnection@omnihotels.com or on Twitter @AmeliaTeen. Hope to see you all soon!

Sincerely,

Ashley Baerwald

Teen Concierge

Omni Amelia Island Plantation

omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/…TeenConnect.aspx

Edited: 11:10 am, April 19, 2013
Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
reviews: 116
2. Re: Tween things to do? Staying at Omni

CleveRocks,

Comparing FL beaches and NJ Beaches is like comparing Disney to Six Flags! LOL, just kidding. Bring her along and I know you and her will have a great time while your wife is conferencing. Take in one of Amelia River Cruises and I know she will be thrilled. If they have the Eco-River tour do that as it will be a fun learning experience about all the sea life along the FL coast as well as a great sightseeing tour from the perspective of the water. Check out some of the other message threads about activities for families and you will see there is plenty of variety both within the Omni AIP as well as outside. Great biking inside AIP and nature walks along Egan's Greenway with visits to the Amelia Lighthouse (check the City of Fernandina Beach Park & Recreation web page for reservations and times) or to Fort Clinch.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World
reviews: 79
3. Re: Tween things to do? Staying at Omni

Thanks, Ashley, I'll definitely contact you if I have any specific questions.

Thanks, dlwinger, from one Destination Expert to another.

4. Re: Tween things to do? Staying at Omni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 27, 2014