We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drummond Point Park marsh boardwalk

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
reviews: 72
Drummond Point Park marsh boardwalk

If I understand correctly, Drummond Point Park is on the Amelia Island Plantation property. If this is true, then can anyone visit the park and walk on the marsh boardwalk or do you have to be a guest at the Plantation? Thank you!

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
reviews: 111
1. Re: Drummond Point Park marsh boardwalk

Drummond Point is on the premises of AIP so technically you are supposed to be a guest of the property and will have to pass through the security gate. You could gain entrance by indicating you are having lunch at the Inn and then visit Drummond Point, but I would be last to suggest any subterfuge. Not sure of why you have a particular interest in Drummond Point as there are other options on the Island that provide easy access. You can walk the numerous trails on the northern part of Egan's Creek Greenway (Jasmine Street north) to see saltwater marsh or walk on the freshwater wetlands section south of Jasmine. Also, in Fort Clinch State Park there are several trails off the main road to marsh overlooks.

Hope this helps.

Tennessee
reviews: 72
2. Re: Drummond Point Park marsh boardwalk

Thanks for your reply. We just got back from AI and thoroughly enjoyed it! Fort Clinch State Park was amazing and was the highlight of the trip. Also went to Little Talbot SP and walked the Egan's Creek Greenway--loved both! I was curious about Drummond Park after seeing an aerial view of the island on YouTube; the boardwalk through the marsh looked amazing, but I did assume it was off-limits to non-guests of AI Plantation. We hope to return to AI again--beautiful, beautiful place!

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
reviews: 111
3. Re: Drummond Point Park marsh boardwalk

Glad to hear you had a wonderful stay and thanks for your post-trip report as they are great information sources to others.

4. Re: Drummond Point Park marsh boardwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 13, 2014