We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
reviews: 5
Omni

We are thinking of visiting Amelia Island in June. We are looking for a luxury experience right on the beach. We have never been to Amelia Island I have read the Omni has been closed but will be open in March.

How extensive is this renovation?

Are there brand new buildings/rooms or just new furniture in an old hotel?

I hate to admit it but I am really picky about hotels and I find most beach hotels in need of a good cleaning and updating. I can't find too many actually new places. We are open to anywhere on the beach but looking for new or newer resorts. Thanks

Amelia Island
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island
1. Re: Omni

New e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. By the time that it's finished, the "re-imagination" project will come in at close to $100 million. Top to bottom, front to back, it will be a whole new world class resort. Here is a blog post from last October describing the plans: ameliaislandplantationblog.com/2079/… . Those who have seen it are pretty excited about it.

Edited: 5:58 pm, February 26, 2013
Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
reviews: 87
2. Re: Omni

Another alternative is the Ritz Carlton; which completed a major expansion of their Spa and Fitness Center as well as an entire interior renovation including all rooms within the last couple of years. A 5-Diamond AAA resort for a number of consecutive years. Am sure you will enjoy either resort facility.

Amelia Island
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island
3. Re: Omni

Dlwinger is right. I should have mentioned the Ritz. They always do an outstanding job and the renovations are wonderful.

4. Re: Omni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 01, 2014