We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you visit Omni Plantation if you are not staying there?

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mason, Ohio
reviews: 1
Can you visit Omni Plantation if you are not staying there?

I noticed there was a security check in at the entrance and wondered if they allowed visitors? I want to check this out for a future trip and see how much it compares to HHI...plantation feel and all.

Thanks!

Philadelphia...
reviews: 107
1. Re: Can you visit Omni Plantation if you are not staying there?

There is a main guard/gate post to protect the residential properties. If you ask at the main gate about visiting the Omni, am sure they will let you inside. Alternatively, you can call the hotel and ask what to do just to visit. I can tell you as of now (July 2012) they are nowhere near finished with the renovations which promises to be spectacular. They expect to complete them by Spring 2013. My in-laws have lived on the Plantation for 20 years and what Omni has contributed to the overall public areas is terrific. The hotel is still functioning but when you go up there you see a lot of construction and future plans on the billboards protecting the construction sites. We've always enjoyed being here and are still on the Plantation for another week. Let me know if you need more information. Best of luck!

Philadelphia...
2. Re: Can you visit Omni Plantation if you are not staying there?

Sorry I was referring to the new Omni Hotel / Resort which is on the Amelia Island Plantation and is under construction. I do hope I didn't confuse the issue. You can rent a vila or condo on the Amelia Island Plantation which is not part of the Omni. There is a private beach/dining club and golf courses. Omni has their own hotel/golf/beach but they are not one and the same although share some property. Hope this clears up any confusion in my last post. If you look on their website you'll see the renderings for the new property.

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 1
3. Re: Can you visit Omni Plantation if you are not staying there?

Thanks! Yes, there is a great map of the plantation out there to get idea of the layout. We were looking at a condo in Turtle Dunes, but ended up with a last minute great deal on a nice condo further north. We are usual HHI visitors, and I have a feeling that the plantation has a similar feel...we are scoping out for a larger family trip next summer. The location works well...drivable for us from Ohio but still allows us to visit family further south in FL for the day. Can't wait to check it out in a couple of weeks!

Since posting, a friend also suggested that you can get into the shopping without dealing with the security gate, and then explore via bike paths if necessary. I'm sure that a friendly request at the hotel/main security gate will also allow us go gain admittance.

Glad you are having a nice time!

Philadelphia...
4. Re: Can you visit Omni Plantation if you are not staying there?

I can attest this is a wonderful place for a family gathering. We just had 4 generations here for several birthdays and everyone had a great time. Just try and stay away from major holidays like July 4th, unless you have a lot of little ones! This year the place was swamped, never seen so many people even at the Ocean Club, however, it was great for the kids with a ton of activities. For us 40-50 yr olds we've appreciated the peacefulness of this week where you can swim and walk on the beach without having to dodge screaming babes & kiddies (and we have a few)! Yes, you can indeed ride your bikes through the shops onto the bike paths through the property. We've been coming close to 20 years, it is a wonderful place. Best of luck!

Edited: 2:23 pm, July 10, 2012
5. Re: Can you visit Omni Plantation if you are not staying there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 12, 2013