We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly restaurants near the Ritz

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
reviews: 3
Family friendly restaurants near the Ritz

I am considering going to the Ritz at Amelia this summer with my 9 month old. Are there many good family friendly restaurants off property that are nearby? I'm looking for something other than Bennigans, Fridays, that sort of thing (no offense). Would prefer non-chain.

Any advice is appreciated.

Virginia
1. Re: Family friendly restaurants near the Ritz

There are numerous (too many to list) options off property--good idea to explore the local area. Many of them are listed on various web sites about the Island (tripadvisor.com). Another one I just stumbled onto, www.northeast-florida.com, has a good restaurant listing, although a couple no longer exist. Most restaurants are located either in the historic district or on/near Sadler Road (mid-island).

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Family friendly restaurants near the Ritz

We like The Loop on Sadler. Their menu has hamburgers, pizza, salads, etc but their food is a little more upscale and tasty than it sounds. Family friendly and the prices are reasonable - less than $10 for most items. Great milkshakes too. I think it is part of a small local chain (in NE Florida) but you don't get the same "Fridays" feel.

Barbara Jeans is on A1A at the bridge and is family friendly with good food. I think they may have another lcoation on the COast but, again, it is not like a "Fridays". Their crab cakes have won a few awards.

Pompeo's on Center Street (downtown) is a nice family Italian restaurant.

Billerica...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Family friendly restaurants near the Ritz

The Surf on the Beach is a great place for families. It is casual, decent food, entertainment and you can sit inside or out. Check it out lots of specials like Thursday's steak and bake for $9.95.

http://www.thesurfonline.com/

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
reviews: 120
4. Re: Family friendly restaurants near the Ritz

If you have a car, a must visit is T-Rays at the corner of 8th Street & Beech located inside a Mobil gas station on the outskirts of the Fernandina Beach historic district. You won't see any signs advertising as it is a small family run "diner" serving breakfast and lunch only.

Just down the street from the Ritz is the Parkway Grill serving breakfast and lunch. Surf is also a good spot for a casual lunch or dinner.

As others said, wide variety of "chain type" restaurants located on Sadler Road. Wide variety of locally owned restaurants off Centre Street in the Fernandina Historic District.

Hope this helps!

Amelia Island...
reviews: 49
5. Re: Family friendly restaurants near the Ritz

I agree about T-Rays. Guaranteed you've never seen anything like it and you will become an instant fan of the funky local eatery. The Shrimp platter is awesome.

Up Fletcher Ave about 2 miles from the Ritz is a roundabout where you will find Sliders Bar & Grill. Great for kids with outdoor seating (umbrella tables) just behind the beach's dunes and a little playground with a slide and swing set. perfect for smaller patrons - maybe not your 9-month old. Food is execellent and reasonably priced.

Angel's Porch is in Fernandina Beach proper at Center and 8th. Ecletic menu and its all very good. Again, outside seating lets you people watch while you eat.

6. Re: Family friendly restaurants near the Ritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 24, 2009