We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Into Fort Lauderdale and out of Key West....

Which Florida Keys hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
reviews: 11
Into Fort Lauderdale and out of Key West....

Throwing this out there. I've got some ideas personally, however...wondering...

Any Keys experts want to give suggestions on a quick visit...flying into Fort Lauderdale (cheap air) in early May on a Sat afternoon and flying out of Key West on a Wed AM Early. Will rent a car, party of two and we're now considered middle aged...LOL

Or as I've found air much better on the return out of FLL should I do it the other way around and arrive in Key West on a Sat night?

Either way, only have four nights....what are your must sees? Ideas on accommodations. No chance we can get more time...it was supposed to be three nights at first and four is really pushing it. Have never done the FL keys drive, is it better heading south or heading north?

Thoughts...any will be appreciated.

wi
reviews: 4
1. Re: Into Fort Lauderdale and out of Key West....

We just returned wednesday from key west! We flew into fll and out of key west. It is a great drive, our second time, and I feel is definitely the way to go. Though, I have talked to people who visit often and they prefer to fly directly into key west. After spending a few days in key west you will be tired and will be glad you are not driving back to FLL. We spent one night in marathon, which was great. Make sure you stop at no name pub on the way down! Have a great trip. :)

2. Re: Into Fort Lauderdale and out of Key West....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 11, 2014