We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Key?

Which Florida Keys hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 65
Which Key?

Hi all -

We are looking for a vacation rental for next winter, likely early January 2014 - but we're having a hard time deciding which Key to stay on. We visited Key Largo and Key West last winter but our experience outside of that is limited.

We are looking for a private home vs. condo, we would ideally like to be within walking distance to a couple of good restaurants and a grocery store (i.e. we don't want to have to drive everywhere). Other than that, we're hoping for some sunshine and relaxation.

Any suggestions?

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
reviews: 14
1. Re: Which Key?

So you don't want to go back to KW?

I would look at places in Marathon and Islamorada

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 65
2. Re: Which Key?

We liked Key West, but it was chaotic when we were there in March, and it's the most expensive place for rentals (some of the rentals are our budget for the whole winter)!

What about Cudjoe Key? Is there anything there, shops, restaurants?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
3. Re: Which Key?

Add Key Colony Beach to the above. (walking distance to restaurants and beach but not grocery store)

Key Largo Florida
reviews: 43
4. Re: Which Key?

I love Cudjoe Key, stay there often. The house I stay at is within walking distance to Boondocks and Loe Key Tiki Bar. I believe there are a couple stores nearby also.

5. Re: Which Key?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 11, 2014