We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February in Jacksonville Beach

Which Jacksonville Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
reviews: 79
February in Jacksonville Beach

So we're thinking of spending some time here next Feb. Two adults in our 50's...my question is, do spring breakers come here at that time?

Thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
1. Re: February in Jacksonville Beach

I think it would be way too cold to use the beach in Jacksonville in Feb.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
2. Re: February in Jacksonville Beach

Historical temps for Feb are usually mid 40's- mid 60's.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 85
3. Re: February in Jacksonville Beach

Hi luv,

We don't get Spring Breakers here at any time. They go farther south, at least as far as Daytona and most of them go farther south than that.

It'll be a lot warmer here in February than it will be in New Hampshire! I moved down here from Connecticut and my rule of thumb is that whatever the temperature is here in the winter, it's 30 degrees warmer than in Connecticut!

Weather in January and February is variable, but those are our coldest months. It freezes for a few hours during the night at least once during the winter. Some days it gets up into the low 70s, some days it doesn't top 50.

Whatever the temperature during the winter, people are still walking and running or riding their bikes on the beach, and kids are in the ocean in wet suits surfing,

Spirit

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 40
4. Re: February in Jacksonville Beach

The average water temperature at St. Augustine for February is 56 degrees, the lowest of the year.

http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/satl.html

Here's a climate chart for all of 2011:

…noaa.gov/images/…KJAX2011plot.png

Overall, Jacksonville is not a spring break destination. There's a relatively small public university (University of North Florida) and an even smaller private one. UF Students and other Gainesville, Florida residents tend to go to St. Augustine and Crescent Beach on the weekends.

Jacksonville Beach has revived impressively since its low point (complete with a not-very-scary Blighted Zone) some 20 years ago.

I would add that the broad Jacksonville beaches with their fine sand are perfect for walking and bicycling. And driving on the beach isn't allowed.

Edited: 12:01 pm, July 20, 2012
New Hampshire
reviews: 79
5. Re: February in Jacksonville Beach

Thanks to all and I really appreciate the links.

Just wanted to make sure before we committed to stay. We've driven through before and always liked the area.

6. Re: February in Jacksonville Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville Beach