We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing from the beach at indian rocks

Which Indian Rocks Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
youngstown,ohio
reviews: 1
Fishing from the beach at indian rocks

Any of you guys that fish Indian rocks beach,

know what kind of fish you can catch from the beach?

I will be going the first week of JUNE. also what type of live bait is good to use here? Shrimp,shinners

Thanks

Indian Rocks Beach...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Fishing from the beach at indian rocks

see the SP Times for articles on current conditions and how to fish the certain species. June is a great time to net and use live sardines on the lightest tackle (10 - 15lb) possible with the least hardware - these fish are smart. There is a tackle shop on 15th ave that sells gear and bait and tells big fish stories. You dont need big rods or large weights typical of the east coast yankee rigs

Marion, North...
reviews: 37
2. Re: Fishing from the beach at indian rocks

When I was a little kid we would spend our summers in Indian Rocks..... best fishing was from the surf, I used a cane pole and used sand fleas for bait. Dragged the fish up onto the beach. I remember once my Mom told me to stop fishing, because she wasn't going to clean any more fish! There used to be a pier in Indian Rocks too, but I think it blew away in a hurricane. Maybe someone knows how long ago that was.

3. Re: Fishing from the beach at indian rocks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, October 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Indian Rocks Beach