We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Rocks vs. Indian Shores

Which Indian Rocks Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Washington...
reviews: 1
Indian Rocks vs. Indian Shores

Planning a trip to the area in Feb. of 08 and thinking about staying in Indian Shores. Whats the weather like and any places to look to rent? We have two kids under 6. I stayed this year In Siesta Key, but would like to try another FL beach town

Midwest
reviews: 11
1. Re: Indian Rocks vs. Indian Shores

Indian Rocks and Indian Shores are right next to one another, they're practically the same town. Gulf Blvd. is lined with beachfront rental condos.

Florida
reviews: 1
2. Re: Indian Rocks vs. Indian Shores

Take a look at www.floridasbeach.com for more info on the St. Pete-Clearwater area, including accommodations in Indian Rocks Beach or Indian Shores. Average high in February is 72 degrees. Beaches are pleasant and not crowded. Plenty of restaurants but no nightclubs in IRB and IS, which makes these towns appealing to families and mature couples. A beach trolley bus service runs the length of Gulf Boulevard, so it is fairly easy for visitors without cars to get around. My impression is that the area is a bit more affordable than Siesta Key. And I believe airfares to the Tampa St. Pete metro area are a bit more affordable as well, since there are two competing airports, Tampa International and St. Petersburg-Clearwater, within 30 minutes' drive of the beach.

quincy, ma
3. Re: Indian Rocks vs. Indian Shores

Just stayed a week in Indian Rocks Beach with my family consisting of hubby, daughter age 14 and son age 12. This is our third time down to this area. We stay at the Reef Club. Very small complex (about 55 units). We stayed in the same unit all three times because the owner (Sherif) really takes care of the place. He is constantly upgrading it. His website is www.floridavacationrentals.ws It is a 3 bedroom unit 202. The unit is right on the ocean, has a heated pool and hot tub and one tennis court. His unit overlooks the pool so it was great for us because our children could go swimming and we were right above the pool. The area is very quiet and has some nice restaurants. There is a CVS a bit down from the place but could walk there.

Rochester, New York
reviews: 63
4. Re: Indian Rocks vs. Indian Shores

Just spent a week in Indian Rocks Beach with 2 kids - age 6 and 3. Stayed at Oceanside Condos which has a sister property Oceanway. It's managed by 3 Palms and I could not have been happier with its' furnishing, upkeep and cleanliness. I found it and many others at www.vrbo.com.

At first ,we were put off b/c we thought it was too quiet but soon enough realxed to enjoy not having anywhere to go or do. Having said that, of course you'll need a rental car. There are convenient groceries (Publix) and places to eat.

The last night we went over to Sand Key/Clearwater [hard to tell where one stops and another begins]. There was a huge gorgeous mini golf that your kids might like. Further into Clearwater, you'll likely find more of everything.

We bought a $30 outdoor tent at Walmart (gazebo type - not camping sort), pitched on the beach for entire week. Worked great for our little ones to nap on the beach and simply avoid direct sun.

I'd be happy to answer any specifics you many have since our kids sound about same age.

5. Re: Indian Rocks vs. Indian Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Indian Rocks Beach