We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike rental and riding on AMI to Bean's Point

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
reviews: 39
Bike rental and riding on AMI to Bean's Point

Hello! My family and I are currently enjoying AMI. We wish to rent a bike, possibly from beach bums, and find out how to ride it to Beans point. is there a particular way that is best if so is it a side walk, a trail , or beach side? We are staying on Gulf Drive a few miles into AMI. I also hear stopping and parking the bikes for supper at Rod and Reel Pier is a wonderful idea. Where abouts is that on our ride to or from Beans Point ? Thanks!!! If theres a rental closer Id love that information as well.

2 replies to this topic
Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 28
1. Re: Bike rental and riding on AMI to Bean's Point

That should work. There are a few roads that lead to Bean Point, sorry can't think of their names, but just keep heading north and you will find it. It is roads, but with very little traffic, so should not be a problem riding. Do make sure you lock the bikes when you leave them. Dinner at Rod and Reel is a great idea as well, and if you prefer you can easily walk from there to Bean Point. I would imagine Beach Bums can tell you what route is best.

Virginia
reviews: 4
2. Re: Bike rental and riding on AMI to Bean's Point

Ashley,

We would need to know where you are starting from to give you complete directions, but I'll try to help a little.

Here's the route my wife and I used to ride our bikes to Bean Point last week from Bradenton Beach. I'm going to start with sort of the middle of the island in Holmes Beach. This may sound complicated, but if you just look on google maps it makes a lot of sense.

The main road between Holmes Beach is Marina Drive/Palm Drive/Gulf Drive. It's the same road, but just changes names. There are bike lanes on either side of this road and we used them with no problems. Right around Ginny and Jane E's, the lanes end and my wife used the sidewalk, but I stayed on the road without any issues.

At the intersection of Gulf Drive and Pine Avenue, we stayed straight on Gulf Drive which rounds a corner and becomes Coconut Avenue. When you reach the stop sign at North Shore Drive, turn left onto North Shore. Go all the way to the first stop sign which is Bay Blvd. At that stop sign, you will see a beach access to the left which is a sandy path through some woods. Ride down the path and you will reach a bridge over the dunes to the beach. There is a bike rack at the foot of the bridge where you can lock up your bikes. Walk over the bridge and turn left once you're on the beach and you'll reach Bean Point.

To get to Rod and Reel from the bike rack, you will turn left on North Shore when you get back to the road. Follow it until you see Rod and Reel to the left at the corner of Alamanda Road.

Enjoy your ride. All of the bike rental agencies on the island are good. We didn't rent this year as our condo had free bikes, but we used Fun and More last year.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Reply to: Bike rental and riding on AMI to Bean's Point
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted