We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 6
Car rental

Ready for 5th visit to holmes beach this summer. Planning to fly to Sarasota and rent a car for the week, but blown alway by car prices. Any feedback on local car companies like practical or jacks? Much cheaper but traveling with family and want reliability too. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
1. Re: Car rental

Check the prices at Tampa or Ft. Myers airports. It is a bit longer of a drive but heck, if you save on the car rental it may be worth it.

Burlington, Vermont
2. Re: Car rental

You can read about my recent experience with Payless out of Sarasota airoport here. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g635970-i11168-k73…

(Read through the thread to get my review after going through with the rental)

Bottom line, it was about half the price of the next cheapest option, and everything about the rental experience was A+. Don't let the off-terminal location deter you, as I found it was actually easier to be picked up and dropped off curbside by them, and the location is about a 3 minute drive away right on Tamiami Trail.

bradenton,florida
reviews: 38
3. Re: Car rental

There is also the Enterprise on US 301. I have used them for every road trip I have been on for the last 3 years. Great customer service and they go out of their way to take care of their customers.

New Jersey
reviews: 23
4. Re: Car rental

The drive from TPA is a breeze if that's an option. 2nd year in a row with Thrifty and couldn't be happier. Got an SUV for 16 days at $350!

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 36
5. Re: Car rental

We got a minivan for 10 days from Enterprise for $320. A car was less than $200. When are you traveling? I got ours through Costco travel.com.

6. Re: Car rental

I settled for tampa through Priceline. July 5-12 for $199

Reply to: Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted