We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time going to Anna Maria.

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 14
First time going to Anna Maria.

My husband and I are planning a trip in May for a week. Any suggestions for a really nice upscale place to stay.

lexington, ky
reviews: 2
1. Re: First time going to Anna Maria.

Most upscale is mainsail beach inn. On the higher end budget wise

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
2. Re: First time going to Anna Maria.

I would also recommend Mainsail or Harrington B&B. Tortuga Inn has some very nice suites as well. The island is a beautiful place and I know you will love it but it is very "Old Florida" type surroundings, no Ritz Carlton's here or Starbucks or even room service but if you want nature beach beauty and fun, it's all here. May is a great time to visit too.

kutztown, pa
reviews: 27
3. Re: First time going to Anna Maria.

I was going to jump in and say Harrington House.

Take a good look at pictures and do realize that the island is not a typical resort destination. We love it because it is "Old Florida". No chains, no highrises just an old fashioned beachy place.

Understand that if you are used to "upscale" resorts you are going to experience something a bit different--but once you come you'll love it.

Compare it to the Outer Banks-- like Okrakoke( sorry about the spelling) or some of those little islands right above Myrtle Beach instead of Boca or South Beach.

More of a Jekyll Island (not the Club) as opposed to St Simons

United States
reviews: 35
4. Re: First time going to Anna Maria.

There are some upscale houses to rent, if you are staying Saturday to Saturday, and want that kind of accommodation. Check with any local vacation rental company's website. We like Island Real Estate, but there are plenty of good ones here.

Hamilton,Ontario
reviews: 19
5. Re: First time going to Anna Maria.

I would look to rent a vacation home. Many have private pools and short walks to the beach. This is what we did in February and loved it!

6. Re: First time going to Anna Maria.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach