We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing and crabbing gear rentals

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lancaster, pa
fishing and crabbing gear rentals

We will be staying on Anna Maria Island for the 2nd straight year from May 17-24. We are staying at the same house on 209 N Harbor Drive. The house is right on the canal, and i enjoyed alot of fishing off of the dock last year. One of the couples that came with us last year drove, so i was able to take my rods, etc. This year, everyone is flying.

Is there a place that will rent me a couple fishing rods. And, what about the small crab traps. I would be looking for the smaller net types that fold up on the sides when you pull them up. Looking to do some crabbing off the dock at the house as well, saw plenty of them clinging to the side of the dock last year.

Any info on a good place would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

cleveland
reviews: 36
1. Re: fishing and crabbing gear rentals

Hi,

I don't have a great answer, but here's what I know:

a) Rod and Reel Pier has rented fishing gear (pre-fire, I don't know if it still does post-fire)...but I don't know if you can take it off the pier.

b) I'd call Island Discount Tackle on Holmes Beach for advice. It's nearly next to the police station there.

c) Beach Bums on Pine in Anna Maria rents all sorts of beach and water stuff...maybe give them a try..because if they don't have it, they 'll almost certainly know who does.

Finally, would you post whatever you find out. I'm curious. Also, I didn't know people crabbed in Anna Maria. I'm curious about that, too. My parents, when they lived on the east coast of Fla. 40 years ago, crabbed with chicken necks tied to string...crabs would grab hold onto that chicken neck and refuse to let go even as they were being hoisted up...Voila. Dinner.

2. Re: fishing and crabbing gear rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 16, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach