We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berwick, Maine
reviews: 17
New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

Hoping someone might be able to assist in a few questions.

We are new to Anna Maria and are staying at a house on Bayview Drive in the Holmes Beach area.

1. Beach access- what is the distance from Bayview down 28th street to beach access? Is there truly an entrance or are we cutting through a parking lot. On maps it looks far, but is it?

2. Trolley stop- no one can seem to tell me where to get the trolley? is it on gulf drive? Avenue C? Avenue E? All I get is that it runs the entire island, but no one can tell me where to get it.

3. Grocery Store- anything on the island or do we need to shop before arriving?

That is all we have for questions now...I am sure more will come...Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
1. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

From the furthest part of Bayview Dr. to the beach access down 28th is 1/3 mile.

Using maps.google.com I don't see any parking lot along the way. It's all paved road until you are at the beach access.

The trolley runs along Gulf Drive in that part of the island but where the stop is nearest for you I don't know but there is a stop right outside the Publix grocery store on the island - near to Manatee Ave (hwy 64).

Indiana
reviews: 16
2. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

We are on island now. Can't answer #1.

2. mymanatee.org/home/…jump3

3. There is a Publix, Walgreens, CVS, and a number of other stores and shops on the island.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 42
3. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

Welcome to the Island, I am sure you will have a great visit. Knob provided a great link for the trolley stops, they are very easy to find, you will see them all over the island.

Publix is really the only grocery store on the island but it is a great store. The deli is very good, they have yummy subs, fried chicken and all kinds of sides. The seafood market is good too. We always get shrimp and ask them to steam them in Ole Bay Seasoning, they will do it for free.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 73
4. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

cant foget to mention (chuckling already) the liquor store connected to walgreens...love that..always makes me laugh. but they have a great selection

Akron, Ohio
5. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

...and they are open 24 hours, even on Christmas day! :)

Berwick, Maine
reviews: 17
6. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

THANKS EVERYONE!

I love that the liquor store is open 24 hours!

We are going to make that a number one stop on the way to the rental!

LOL

Cleveland, Ohio
7. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

well of course it should be your number one stop, because no matter what time of day, you need a beer, a vodka or a glass of wine to run out and see the ocean with your toes in the sand....oh wait, its me that does that! enjoy

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 42
8. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

I'm with you laob..and yes, the Walgreens is awesome with great prices.

Cleveland, Ohio
9. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

it just makes me chuckle...sorry...silly, i know...but here in cold cleveland we dont have a walgreens w/ a liquor store attached so i find much humor in it..and yes, selection and price were just fine by our standards...

well, come to think of it, we are not walgreen shoppers anyway...only when in AMI...for the reason listed above...lol

Cleveland, Ohio
10. Re: New to Anna Maria - Holmes Beach area

oh, and rusty, i have this years dates....i can PM and maybe we can finally meet in person??? would be nice to put a face w/ all the help you have given...i will give beer and/or wine and/or liquor...your choice... we will be there the sat before (day before) easter and my dd and i will be leaving wednesday but dh will be staying on til that following saturday....let me know...staying at the secret house from last year....