We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo
reviews: 11
Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

I have been doing nothing else for the past few days, trying to find the above. We are a family of 4, the kids are 13 year old girl and 21 year old boy, trying to work around 2 different Easter breaks. We don't need anything fancy, just really clean, quiet and preferably on the beach. Any suggestions? Can you recommend a good local rental agency that may have beach front homes for rent? Anyone ever use VRBO? Thank you for your help!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
1. Re: Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

That is a busy time on the island so you may some difficulties finding a place but I would check with Dan Talley at La Costa Condominiums. It is a great complex, right on the beach, tennis court, beautiful pool and the units are all two bedroom. You can reach him at 941-778-8000.

We have also had great luck with Mike Norman Reality, you could give them a try as they have lots of house, cottages and condos.

AMI
reviews: 1
2. Re: Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

There are several very good rental agencies on the island. They have been mentioned here often.

You will have a problem with your dates, especially that time of year. Weekly rentals rent Saturday to Saturday. Your dates span two rental weeks and there are not many properties that will do that in April. From now to Jan you could probably do that, but not during prime time.

Buffalo
3. Re: Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

Thanks for the prompt response! I knew these dates would be a headache but wanted one last family trip before my son graduates from college. I will check out Mike Norman and LaCosta Condos.

Any feedback about using online rentals like FlipKey, Homeaway or VRBO?

Anna Maria Island
4. Re: Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

The sites like VRBO and homeaway are good and 'do the job' however, I strongly suggest you call and work with one fo the rental companies on the Island. They are all professionals and have many many years of personal experience and have great suggestions of properties. They will taylor something to your needs. There is no extra cost for working with a rental agency and are way more helpful then using a site like VRBO.

Have fun

Buffalo
5. Re: Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

Thanks - you folks are the best! Your love for the area really shows!

Brentwood, Tennessee
reviews: 8
6. Re: Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

I have rented from VRBO many times, in many states and places, including properties out of the country. Find it very easy, convenient and LESS EXPENSIVE than going through a rental agency. In fact, I am leaving next thursday for 5 weeks in a beachfront AMI condo that I found through VRBO. Other units in the same complex that are offered by rental agencies advertise the same period of time for almost $2000 more. Less fees, too. I also like dealing directly with the owners. JMO

7. Re: Two-bedroom beach front rental for 4/5/12-4/12/12?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach