We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Maria Island Beach Resort & Cafe on the Beach

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
work
reviews: 3
Anna Maria Island Beach Resort & Cafe on the Beach

Has anyone stayed at Anna Maria Island Beach Resort lately ?? Some recent reviews have not been the best. Also, please don't tell me Cafe on the Beach is closed !

Any up to date info on either of the above appreciated.

Anna Maria Island
1. Re: Anna Maria Island Beach Resort & Cafe on the Beach

I haven't seen any reviews on Anna Maria beach resort HOWEVER, i think they have new ownership and the place just got a major overhaul and looks great. I haven't been in the rooms but if they did to the inside what they did to outside I am sure it is nice. Cafe on the Beach is not closed, they actually improved the bar .

See you soon,

Have fun

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 5
2. Re: Anna Maria Island Beach Resort & Cafe on the Beach

How OLD are the reviews?

This complex got, like Fun said, MAJOR work and I guess it will be fine...

They did the rehab 2 years ago.

work
3. Re: Anna Maria Island Beach Resort & Cafe on the Beach

Thanks for both of the replies. This will be our 3rd year at AMIBR - some rehab had been started last year (not 2 years ago). I talked to the office gal, and she added more info to the reviews I was concerned about. Sometime people only put what they want, not the whole story. I was reassured but I guess we'll find out Saturday when we get there. Love the Cafe - so beach y, casual. The people are so much fun to watch. Maybe they think that about us too. Anyway, we love it there.

work
4. Re: Anna Maria Island Beach Resort & Cafe on the Beach

This is almost a year old but still feel the need to comment. Stayed at AMIBR for a week last year (our 3rd) and will be staying elsewhere this year. There have been furniture and maintenance updates but could not feel at ease there at all. Notes hanging all over, do not do this, that, etc. When it came time to check out, I asked for someone to come and inspect the unit. The gal said, Oh, if anything is wrong, we'll call you. (And then add charges to my credit card ?) I insisted and she did come and inspect.

Felt like we would get reprimanded for moving a chair in a different spot to get sun.

The tiki hut is nice if it was located somewhere else. In our opinion, it does not fit in. Spoke to others who had been coming there for many years and they will not be going back.

5. Re: Anna Maria Island Beach Resort & Cafe on the Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, February 26, 2013