We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Price ?

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 1
Taxi Price ?

We need transportation from the airport (Sarasota) to AMI---does anyone know the rates? I saw that they have a shuttle service but that is $40 pp---one way! Leaving this Thursday! Cannot wait to get away from the snow!

AMI
1. Re: Taxi Price ?

http://www.amitaxi.com/

I've had guests who used them and they were quiet pleased.

Price per trip, not per person.,

AMI
2. Re: Taxi Price ?

And as a follow up to unasked questions:

Our friends didn't have a car. They used the trolley and loved it. They took the Longboat trolley to St. Armands. Shopped at Publix. Explored the piers. Went to restaurants. All without a car.

They loved it and they are coming back the end of April.

The trolley and Publix are "social events". They got more information from people just by asking a question. Everyone wants to help and offer suggestions.

Michigansurfman
3. Re: Taxi Price ?

amitaxi ?!

If you like the thrill...

I thought about using them as their rates are ridiculously low. However, I learned that there might be a reason for that. Long time ago I had a limo company too. So i know that you need permits for picking up at airports. Guess who has no airport permits?

Just FYI, those permits make sure that your company is properly insured and your vehicles are safe.

Usually you can find something like a sticker or so on the windshield.

But these are just my 2 cents.

I rather would use the trolley mentioned or one of the cab services located at the airport.

Edited: 10:52 am, April 01, 2011
4. Re: Taxi Price ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach